Description CliftonLarsonAllen (CLA), THE career building firm, is recruiting a Tax Principal to join our growing Private Sector tax practice in Arlington, VA!
About THE career-building firm:
CLA is the premier professional services provider to private businesses and their owners, providing a wide array of solutions to advance our clients success and create uncommon careers for our people. Our market differentiators include deep industry specialization, three integrated businesses working together, 1) Audit, Tax & Consulting, 2) Wealth Advisory and 3) Outsourcing, and phenomenal opportunities for our employees to build their careers and marketplace value.
Why join CLA’s Arlington Private Sector tax practice:
The Tax Principal is a key leadership position in our Southeast Region, responsible for developing and expanding relationships with small to mid-sized privately held businesses including managing, researching, supervising and reviewing tax services/engagements while developing and mentoring members of the tax team.
This GREAT career building opportunity includes:
• A practice that is experiencing tremendous growth—creating HUGE opportunity for you to grow and take a career path that is unique to your personal goals
• An existing book of business that can be nurtured and developed for future growth
• An entrepreneurial environment that offers autonomy and encouragement to move great ideas forward—check out CLA's Shark Tank
• The opportunity to play a key role in building CLA’s Southeast Private Sector tax practice by strengthening existing client relationships, new business development and mentoring team members
• Be part of a firm that is leading by tax, investing significant focus and resources to nation-wide tax initiatives
Requirements The ideal candidate will have the following experience:
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting or related field required
• 8 + years of experience serving in a tax role with a public accounting and/or professional services firm
• Significant demonstrated experience managing business tax engagements with a deep understanding of partnership, S corporation and C corporation concepts
• Proven ability to strengthen existing client relationships, new business development and mentoring team members
• Build the Southeast Region’s Private Sector Tax practice by strengthening existing client relationships, new business development and mentoring team members
• Experience providing complex tax planning strategies to high net worth clients is preferred, not required
• Current CPA licensure required
ABOUT THE FIRM
CliftonLarsonAllen LLP (CLA) is a professional services firm delivering integrated wealth advisory, outsourcing, and public accounting capabilities to help clients succeed professionally and personally. Our team members are immersed in the industries they serve and have specialized knowledge of their operating and regulatory environments. With more than 5,000 people and 100 U.S. locations, and a global affiliation, we bring a wide array of solutions to help clients in all markets, foreign and domestic. For more information, visit CLAconnect.com. Investment advisory services are offered through CliftonLarsonAllen Wealth Advisors, LLC, an SEC-registered investment advisor.
We are deeply invested in the success of our professionals and provide innovative career-building opportunities. At CLA, we aim to positively impact the clients we serve, the people we employ, the profession we represent and the communities we call home.
CLA is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Requisition Number 17-1117