At Cherry Bekaert, our mission is to "make a difference for our people and our clients." What does that mean for you? We're looking to build talented, sustainable teams while recognizing that each person has his/her own personal professional goals. We offer a strong support system, continuous training and development, advancement opportunities without the need to relocate, and shared values that bind us together as a team. No wonder our associates feel that Cherry Bekaert is a place to learn, a place to grow, a place to stay.
At Cherry Bekaert, our leadership team cares about you and your development. Recently, an associate gave the following shout out on Glassdoor: "Our CEO and partner group really care about our people. Our local partners are also very involved in our development/growth. They want what's best for us and our careers. I feel valued for all of the hard work I put in. That’s a lot to say a public accounting firm!" If this type of culture excites you, then keep reading!
Our growing Greenville practice, ranked as a Best Places to Work, is looking for an individual with extensive experience working with flow through entities and their related owners. You will provide planning and compliance services in areas such as income tax, structuring, compliance and operations.
You will have lots of contact with outstanding clients in a variety of industries including manufacturing, distribution, real estate, and construction. We seek an individual with extensive experience working with mid-market companies, and their owners. In the role, you will provide planning and compliance services in areas such as income tax structuring, compliance and operations. Limited travel in this region should be expected.
The firm hopes to fill this key Partner position in September 2020
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Solving problems!
- Requires strong background in working with pass through entity taxation, particularly with partnerships (S corporations).
- Preferred partnership experience includes entity structuring, operating agreement review and consultation, compliance, allocations, partner transactions and related matters.
- Prior experience with multi-state returns and operations is helpful.
- Previous Private Client Service experience and knowledge of working with High Net-Worth individuals is highly desired, but not necessary.
- Experience with complex individual tax compliance and planning a plus.
- Background in estate tax planning and compliance a plus, but not required.
- Candidate must have ability to service middle market clients, but must be flexible to work with clients of varying sizes.
- Candidate’s strongest traits must be in client service, technical, and staff development with appropriate commitment to business development and growth
What you need for this role:
- Excellent project management, analytical, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to lead and develop Tax Staff, Seniors, Managers, and Senior Managers.
- Plays a lead role in the development and enhancement of a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to thrive and adapt in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Integrity, dependability, and trustworthiness.
- Ability to multi-task and complete assignments within required time constraints and deadlines.
- Strong interest in the development of a sales-based culture with commitment to the expansion of Firm business.
- Superior client-serving skills.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in public accounting with a minimum of 7 years of managerial experience.
- Proficiency with personal computers including spreadsheet software programs. E
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting. Masters preferred.
- Must be CPA certified and have an active CPA license.
- Work Authorization Status: Permanent U.S. Resident, U.S. Citizen or U.S. National
What you can expect from us:
- Shared values, including uncompromising integrity, a passion for excellence and mutual respect
- Collaborative environment focused on career and leadership development
- Flexible work arrangements with generous PTO
- Competitive salary and bonus program
- “Dress for your Day” policy