Cherry Bakaert is a nationally rank public accounting firm that is celebrating over 70 years! . We seek a Tax Partner, with an active CPA license and current experience in public accounting with a large regional or national firm, to join our growing firm in our Coral Gables or Ft. Lauderdale office. Relocation assistance may be provided.
We seek an individual with extensive experience working with flow through entities and their related owners. The qualified candidate will provide planning and compliance services in areas such as income tax, structuring, compliance and operations. Our firm is growing and we seek a highly motivated individual who seeks a firm that offers career advancement, not just a job.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Solving problems!
- Requires strong background in working with pass through entity taxation, particularly with partnerships (S corporations).
- Preferred partnership experience includes entity structuring, operating agreement review and consultation, compliance, allocations, partner transactions and related matters.
- Prior experience with multi-state returns and operations is helpful.
- Previous Private Client Service experience and knowledge of working with High Net-Worth individuals is highly desired, but not necessary.
- Experience with complex individual tax compliance and planning a plus.
- Background in estate tax planning and compliance a plus, but not required.
- Candidate must have ability to service middle market clients, but must be flexible to work with clients of varying sizes.
- Candidate's strongest traits must be in client service, technical, and staff development with appropriate commitment to business development and growth.
What you need for this role:
- Excellent project management, analytical, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to lead and develop Tax Staff, Seniors, Managers, and Senior Managers.
- Plays a lead role in the development and enhancement of a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to thrive and adapt in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Integrity, dependability, and trustworthiness.
- Ability to multi-task and complete assignments within required time constraints and deadlines.
- Strong interest in the development of a sales-based culture with commitment to the expansion of Firm business.
- Superior client-serving skills.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in public accounting with a minimum of 7 years of managerial experience.
- Proficiency with personal computers including spreadsheet software programs. Experience with ProSystem fx, CCH, RIA, and/or Engagement is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting. Masters preferred.
- Must be CPA certified and have an active CPA license.
What you can expect from us:
- Shared values, including uncompromising integrity, a passion for excellence and mutual respect
- Collaborative environment focused on career and leadership development
- Flexible work arrangements with generous PTO
- Competitive salary and bonus program
- "Dress for your Day" policy
Our mission is to make a difference for our people and our clients. If these values align with yours, we'd like to hear from you.
Bachelors or better in Accounting or related field.
Masters or better in Taxation.
Licenses & Certifications