If you are:
- A highly dedicated professional with impressive credentials and driven by new challenges and growth opportunities
- A team player who believes in providing world-class client service and interested in becoming immersed in various industries
- Looking for a work environment that values and promotes camaraderie, collaboration and giving back to the community
Look ahead. Imagine more. And consider joining the CohnReznick team.
- Endless opportunities to contribute to the 11th largest professional services firm in the US
- A unique culture that values collaboration in everything we do
- A team of professionals driven by a sense of excellence, integrity, commitment to lifelong learning, respect for one another, adaptability, and making a difference
- A network of 2,700 professionals committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and giving back to the communities in which we live and work
- Varied career paths supported by strong professional development programs and resources
- A flexible work environment with competitive benefits
Role and Responsibilities
This position requires the ability to partner with Tax Operations and Tax professionals to gather, understand, and document operational processes as they relate to the various technologies in use by the Tax Department and the Firm.
In addition, the individual in this role will participate in enhancing the Tax Department’s multi-year roadmap by collaborating on process improvements and working with both internal applications developers and external vendors on various software functionality and design improvements.
- Act as liaison between Tax professionals, user groups, management, and IT leads and developers (internal and external).
- Act as lead manager for the analysis, design, development, implementation, and support of Tax related business applications.
- Assist with project plans, communications, timelines, and scheduling for business applications, application development, enhancement, and maintenance efforts.
- Research and evaluate new technologies and their potential impact on existing business applications.
- Develop and maintain good relations with external vendors.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent technical training in Computer Science, Accounting/Finance, or a related field.
- Minimum of eight (8) years’ work experience within the Tax & Accounting industry in conjunction with related information technologyexperience.
- Experience working withtax compliance standards and regulations to add or create process and workflow efficiencies.
- Experience with needs analysis, software evaluation and selection, customization, and implementation.
- Knowledgeable in Information Systems and the ability to apply that knowledge in practice.
- Experience working with project management methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, Hybrid).
- Experience interacting face-to-face with end-users and management (both 1-on-1 and within group meetings).
- Must be able to understand and collect detailed business requirements and translate such into functional documentation and process/flow diagrams.
- Strong analytical skills and working knowledge of application analysis and design methods.
- Experience working with relational databases (primarily Microsoft SQL Server 2008-2017).
- Experience with application design, development, and implementation.
- Read/Write English at a collegiate level without difficulty.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and competing priorities.
- Ability to solve problems in straightforward situations by analyzing possible solutions using experience, judgment and precedents as well as identify and evaluate anticipated outcomes.
- Ability to communicate and translate complex technical information into easy to understand terms and examples.
- Ability to conduct formal and informal presentation in small and large group settings.
- Ability to think creatively and provide strategic support to senior management.
- Ability to thrive in a team environment with a positive customer service focus/attitude.
- Ability to express your needs, thoughts, and concerns in an open, constructive, and respectful manner.
- Ability to understand and produce detailed documentation such as process flow diagrams, user manuals, and technical manuals.
- Staying abreast of new technologies and participating in training to develop new skillsets.