Wipfli LLP has an opportunity for a Tax Manager for our Construction and Real Estate team in our Edina, MN office. This individual manages client engagements to ensure outstanding client service. This individual will also ensure the firm is proactively identifying tax opportunities and serving the client's needs. Along with the duties listed above they motivate and supervise the performance of staff, senior accountants, and managers in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Lead and manage complex tax compliance engagements in accordance with firm and professional standards, within budget and deadline expectations
- Identify and respond to client issues in a timely, accurate, positive and professional manner.
- Manage expectations effectively through clear and continuous communication with the client and/or other key stakeholders
- Communicate advice and answer questions of other Wipfli associates relating to clients' accounting and tax engagements
- Participate in and provide leadership for firm initiatives and projects
- Plan and schedule engagements with clients and firm resources
- Perform detailed reviews of tax workpapers, depreciation schedules, provision calculations, and/or similar supporting schedules
- Communicate proactively with clients and engagement partners regarding project status, client service opportunities, and other significant matters in a timely manner
- Review financial statements and footnotes, management reports, executive reports, and other requested deliverables
- Provide training, direction, and supervision to staff, senior accountants, and managers
- Proactively seek out new business opportunities by participating in various business development activities, and having a comprehensive understanding of services provided by the firm
- Develop a thorough industry specific expertise through CPE, firm/industry collaboration, webinars, etc.
- Lead multi-disciplined client service teams for account planning
- Prepare and review client correspondence (letter, e-mail, etc.)
- Actively participate in firm sponsored events for industry-specific and/or regional clients and prospects
- Requires a Bachelors Degree in Accounting
- CPA certification required
- 3-8 years of public accounting or similar accounting experience
- Management and/or mentoring experience with other staff members
- Experience making recommendations to client/engagement team.