Job ID 2017-1958
Create lasting, positive impact.
By considering Wipfli LLP, you’ve decided to go beyond the ordinary public accounting and consulting firm. At Wipfli, we create positive impact and lifetime relationships by leading and working with an outward mindset. As a member of our team, you will be inspired to think freely and follow your passion, grow as a professional by developing your skills and commit to serving our clients and communities with honesty and integrity.
Wipfli has a broad national footprint with offices coast to coast — and we’re still growing! As an associate, you’ll have access to skill development and career opportunities, whether you want to move up or transition into another area of specialty. For some positions, we have the flexibility and technology to work from anywhere; whether it’s in the office, at home or at the client site.
Join a company focused on giving back to the greater good — at Wipfli, we’re committed to supporting the communities we do business in. To learn more about our volunteer efforts, who we are and what we do, visit wipfli.com.
Wipfli LLP is currently a Tax Manager for our Idaho Falls location. This position will be the primary tax contact for specific clients and oversees the accurate and timely execution of business and individual tax engagements. The Tax Manager communicates results to clients and firm associates, ensures the firm is proactively identifying tax opportunities and serving the client’s needs, and motivates and supervises the performance of staff and senior accountants, in accordance with company policies and procedures. Responsibilities include:
- Lead and manage tax compliance engagements in accordance with firm and professional standards, within budget and deadline expectations
- Plan and schedule tax engagements with clients and firm resources
- Serve as the main tax point of contact within our firm for clients
- Tax Manager is responsible for clients receiving proactive communication and timely service
- Perform detailed reviews of tax work papers and provision calculations completed by other associates
- Review tax returns, tax research, tax communications, and other requested deliverables
- Communicate proactively with clients and engagement partners regarding project status, client service opportunities, and other significant matters in a timely manner
- Provide training, direction, and supervision to staff and senior accountants
- Participate in and provide leadership for firm initiatives and projects
- Maintain technical expertise in various tax areas related to industry specialization
- 5+ years of job related experience
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or an equivalent combination of education and experience, with a Masters in Taxation preferred
- CPA certification required
- Prior Pass-through Entities, transactional experience
- Public accounting experience desired
- Management and/or mentoring experience with other staff members
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe, Caseware, depreciation processing software, tax preparation software (ProSystems), tax research software (RIA), and Go File Room is strongly desired
- Position will work 45 hours per week on average with 60 hour plus weeks required in tax season