The Tax Manager will be responsible for managing the tax function associated with all Transaction-Based Taxes in the US including but not limited to Sales/Use Tax, Telecommunications Tax, Utility Tax, Business and Occupation Tax, Gross Receipts Tax, and Rent Tax. The Tax Manager will also be responsible for managing all U.S. Federal Communication Commission/Public Utility Commissions Universal Service Fund Surcharges, U.S. State and Municipal Licenses, and U.S. Secretary of State Reports. The tax function includes monthly/quarterly/annual compliance, on-going audits by outside tax and regulatory bodies, and tax law research.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the proper timely reporting and remitting of all U.S. transaction-based taxes, Federal Communication Commission/Public Utility Commissions universal service fund surcharges, licenses, and annual reports.
- Manage tax and regulatory audits.
- Research and interpret tax laws.
- Respond/ update tax notices.
- Assist with determining the taxability of products and services.
- Effectively interact with a third-party outsourcing vendor.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or related field.
- Five plus (5+) years tax experience including compliance, audit, and research.
- Strong technical knowledge of all transaction-based taxes.
- Ability to effectively engage with tax and regulatory audit personnel.
- Knowledge of tax principles and practices.
- Capable of learning to work with Billing and ERP systems.
- Telecommunications industry experience preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize work and implement effectively.
- Expert ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently and adapt to changing priorities.
- Proven ability to work accurately and have attention to detail.
- Ability to work with deadlines, and under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible, outgoing and positive, and to exercise independent judgment when making decisions.
- Strong Computer skills.
- Comply with all corporate and organizational security policies and guidelines.