Although we work with numbers, the accounting, tax and consulting process is still all about people. At Mazars, we pride ourselves on building long-lasting relationships with our clients, our colleagues and the communities where we serve.
Mazars USA LLP is a high-performing accounting, tax and consulting firm with significant national presence in strategic US geographies. Since 1921, our dedicated professionals have leveraged technical industry expertise to develop customized solutions for clients in a broad array of industries, providing services to growth-oriented enterprises and individuals. As the independent US member firm of Mazars Group, we deliver seamless access to the expertise of 24,000 professionals in 90+ countries.
Our Trust & Estates group seeks an experienced Tax professional to join our team as a Tax Manager. As a Manager in this practice you will be responsible for providing a combination of sophisticated tax planning, consulting and compliance services surrounding fiduciary, gift and estate tax. The Mazars Trust & Estates group provides customized solutions to the tax, financial and business challenges facing high-net-worth individuals, their families, and closely held business owners.
This position can take place in our Long Island (Woodbury NY), New York, New Jersey, Philadelphia, Chicago, Dallas or Los Angeles offices.
- Responsible for the planning, development and execution of client tax engagement process
- Manage multiple Estate, Gift and Fiduciary client tax engagements simultaneously
- Review complex estate (Form 706), gift (Form 709), and fiduciary income (Form 1041), and individual income (Form 1040) tax returns, including related tax schedules and forms
- Review fiduciary accounting documents
- Research and consult on various estates, gift, fiduciary and income tax-related issues that impact clients
- Review trust documents, Last Will and Testaments, Buy Sell agreements and other estate planning documents
- Ensure timely filing of all client-related tax returns and documents
- Respond to federal and state tax notices that impact clients, and represent clients in any potential tax audit
- Provide tax planning and consultation to high net worth clients for their estate and individual income taxes
- Identify additional tax planning opportunities that are beneficial for clients
- Develop, coach and mentor less experienced tax staff
- Communicate openly and work directly with clients as needed throughout the year
- Stay current on technical and industry developments and standards while evaluating potential impact on clients' estate plan, succession plan and financial situation
- Develop and maintain external advisory relationships in order to foster business development opportunities for the firm
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting, Finance or a Business-related field of study
- Advanced tax degrees (MST, LLM, JD) preferred
- CPA or Enrolled Agent (EA) designation is required
- 6+ years of relevant tax experience in a public accounting firm, a professional services firm, a tax consulting practice or a family office
- A strong tax technical background developed from both preparation and review of income tax returns for all types of entities
- Extensive working knowledge of income, trust & estates, and gift tax matters, including tax planning and compliance
- Proficient with CCH, Axcess, ProSystem and other tax related software programs
- Proficient with tax research services such as Checkpoint, Intelliconnect and Bloomberg BNA
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools
- Strong leadership and staff development skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written)
- Strong analytical, organizational and project management skills
- Ability to travel to client locations as needed
What We Offer:
- Competitive base salary and incentive compensation plan
- A comprehensive, competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and life insurance plans, a generous paid days’ off (PDO) plan, and a competitive 401k Plan
- A dynamic, diverse work experience in a growing global organization
- An inclusive, client-centered environment where you can develop new skills, enhance your overall business knowledge and work with world-class professionals
- Intensive customized training, including in-house leadership development programs, continuing professional education courses, and both classroom and on-the-job training
- Opportunity for International Mobility experiences are also made available
Mazars USA LLP is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and maintains a drug-free workplace.