Tax Manager - Trust and Estate
5 - 7 years experience • Business Services
Our client, an accounting, tax, and financial services consulting firm, is looking for an ondividual to assume a leadership position in their tax department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee and maintain control of multiple assignments, including supervision of staff, delegation of work and realization of profitability. Position involves a concentration in individual trust and estate planning and taxation.
- Assume responsibility for all phases of client assignments, including year-end tax planning and return preparation.
- Take an active role in leadership, training, motivation, evaluating and recruiting staff.
- Maintain client contact and awareness of clients’ service requirements.
- Communicate to Partners all important developments, issues, and recommendations.
- Act as a liaison between Partners and team members.
- Participate in the development of new clients and expanding the Firm’s services to existing clients.
Minimum of three years experience as a supervisor or equivalent experience and have exhibited superior technical competence and managerial abilities. Must be motivated, and have the ability to multi-task, organized and have excellent communication skills. Have the ability to supervise and manage. Confident and assertive in dealing with clients. Build expertise in a specialization area. Must take an active role in CPE activities and Firm business development.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelors Degree in Accounting. Masters of Taxation. JDpreferred. 6+ years experience in Public accounting, auditing and taxexperience.
Certification, License, Registration:
CPA, Participate in AICPA and NJSCPA and other accounting professional memberships.
Other Skills and Abilities:
Must be proficient in accounting & tax software.