Manage the organizations family office & investment tax reporting function.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage tax reporting function for family office & investment tax areas of organization including:
- Preparation and/or review of tax return workpapers & returns for Individual, Trusts, Investment Partnership entities
- Plan for and develop overall return calendar and coordinate timing and inputs
- Timely filing of quarterly income tax estimates, extensions and tax returns for federal, state & international filing requirements
- Management of internal & external finance teams regarding tax information
- Manage members of internal and external professional staff on tax preparation
- Ensure accurate tax returns that minimize tax obligations & risks of the organization
- Develop clear, intelligent plans and approaches to for continuous process improvement within the tax compliance process
- Other Tax Responsibilities:
- Preparation of tax projections for family office entities
- Monitor and analyze current tax legislation and highlight areas that will impact the organization or provide opportunities for the organization
- Continuous learning to increase tax & accounting technical expertise
- Manage tax audits and notices as necessary for family office
- Various other analytical projects as needed to support tax and finance function for the organization
- Develop & sustain strong relationships with internal and external working team members
- Special projects and assignments as business dictates.
- Responsible for the maintenance, creation and control of all personally identifiable information or any other information protected by any Confidentiality or Privacy Standards or Company Policies that you have access or knowledge of, including but not limited to any state or federal regulations including HIPPA.
- Senior/Staff accountants (partial supervision)
- External consultants
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelors of Accounting required and Master of Taxation or CPA strongly preferred
- 7+ years of Income Tax preparation and review experience with focus on Individual, Trust and Investment Partnership area
- Advanced technical tax and accounting skills in relevant areas
- Strong knowledge of US federal and state income tax reporting requirements
- Advanced excel proficiency, experience using OneSource and GoSystem tax software
- Strong organizational, analytical thinking and time management skills required
- Detail oriented and ability to multi-task
- Strong project management skills, ability to drive process improvements and meet deadlines
- Works well collaboratively in a team environment
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands on the computer
- The employee frequently is required to talk or hear
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS - NA
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This company is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.