Our client, a major manufacturer and distributor of paint and chemicals is seeking their Tax Manager to join their Teaneck N.J. location
JOB SUMMARY: The Tax Manager will be responsible for preparing accurate and timely state, local and federal tax returns and other business-related filings.
He/She will create and implement tax plans and work closely with the accounting and leadership teams, affiliate companies and outside auditors to identify opportunities for process improvement and potential areas of risk.
The Tax Manager shall ensure compliance with local, state and federal tax law through a series of systems and system controls that are designed to ensure accurate, timely reporting.
He/She shall monitor current and impending changes to tax regulation and make the appropriate updates to policies and strategies.
He/She shall ensure compliance through optimizing reporting procedures.
• Preparation of the IFRS quarterly/annual tax provisions for the consolidated group and individual entities.
• Manage the submission process of quarterly/annual tax information for the parent company Reporting Packages (RP).
• Key point of contact for all taxreporting (IRS, public auditors, state examiners and management).
• Implementation of process efficiencies, quality improvements and risk minimization strategies, including internal control processes related to effective and efficient tax accounting and reporting.
• Identify, evaluate and recommend effective tax strategies and coordinate with outside tax advisors regarding federal tax planning opportunities.
• Review the reconciliation and analysis of tax accounts for parent and its subsidiaries.
• Calculation of estimated tax payments for the Group.
• Assist with special projects such as tax research, analysis of income tax consequences of transactions, acquisitions, and projects relating to other business initiatives.
• Maintain knowledge of IFRS rules to ensure proper application as part of the company's taxreporting process.
• Responsibility for the following:
• Applying and interpreting current U.S. federal, state, local income tax law
• Tax research and interpretation of new or proposed tax laws.
• Continued monitoring of existing tax standards.
• All taxreporting compliance (including K. VAT, Canadian GST/HST, Sales & Use taxes, etc.).
• Properly document relevant deductions or credits such as R&D Credits, Domestic Production Activities Deduction, etc.
• Completeness and accuracy of all taxreporting, including documentation to support current process.
• Preparation of all Transfer Pricing documentation.
• Preparation of all Tax Apportionment documentation.
• Ensuring proper record retention for all tax returns and supporting records in accordance with statutory requirement
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: The individual must be able to perform each essential job duty and responsibility satisfactorily.
The following requirements are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities needed to perform the job at a fully acceptable level.
• Ability to work both individually as well as part of a team.
• High degree of accuracy and proven ability to meet deadlines in a time-sensitive environment. MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND/OR CERTIFICATION
• BA/BS degree in accounting or taxation.
• CPA and/or MS in Tax preferred.
• A minimum of 5-7 years taxexperience in a top tier accounting firm, or equivalent experience in a tax department of a large multi-national corporation. COMMUNICATION SKILLS
• Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing with all levels of personnel, across functions, organizations and with external contacts. OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Must be a detail-oriented, organized thinker with strong accounting, analytical and computer skills.