The Tax Manager maintains and oversees Tableau’s tax functions and is a domain expert in global tax provisions. Serving as a hands-on expert, interacting and collaborating with business partners.
Some of the things you will be doing…
- Global Tax Provision:
- Prepare and/or review portions of the global income tax provision (including income tax provision for domestic and international entities);
- Manage tax issues related to ASC 718 stock option expensing;
- Research, analyze and compose technical memorandums on emerging legislative and tax policy developments, complex international, Federal and state income tax issues and/or exposure items (including ASC 740-10 for income taxes and ASC 450 analysis for non-income taxes);
- Involved in other tax provision related tasks or projects as necessary.
- US Tax Compliance:
- Manage domestic income tax compliance: Federal, state and local tax filings, including sales, franchise, B&O and personal property tax returns
- Review/prepare provision to return, deferred tax assets/liabilities reconciliation and current payable reconciliation for all US subsidiaries;
- Assist with US audits as necessary.
- Tax Planning and other:
- Provide tax advice and customer service to internal business partners, by performing the research and analysis to answer their inquiries
- Communicate to and teach internal business partners the key tax risks and/or benefits that impact their areas of responsibility
- Special projects as assigned including, but not limited to participation in the further automation of the tax planning, compliance, provision processes, and projects relating to other business initiatives
Who you are…
- Technically Savvy. Technical proficiency with taxation, including experience with tax compliance required. Proficient with Excel and Word.
- Communicator. Must have strong organizational and communication skills. Ability to simplify and communicate complex business/tax information.
- Reliable. Confidentiality and honesty is a must.
- Detail Oriented. High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously. Working independently, as a self-starter, and a team player.
- Knowledgeable. ASC 740 experience required. A deep understanding of domestic Federal, state and local tax requirements, and capability of applying them in a practical manner. Ability to analyze financial data and clearly and concisely document the interpretation of financial analysis. Knowledge of GAAP accounting principles and procedures
- Experienced. 5+ years of corporate tax/accounting experience in Big 4 accounting firm or equivalent multinational corporate tax department experience. Experience with provision software a plus.
- Educated. Bachelor’s degree in accounting or a related field required; Master’s degree in Taxation and/or CPA preferred.
- You are a Recruiter! Tableau hires company builders and, in this role, you will be asked to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring onboard. FFC14-008.3