Schenck is looking for a confident tax manager whose voice needs to be heard every day. Are you passionate about working in TAX with great people? Read on, you’re on your way to your new adventure with Schenck!
A typical day in the life:
- A typical day as a Tax Manager in our Milwaukee group might include the following:
- Managing and developing relationship with great clients.
- Assisting clients in meeting their tax and financial planning objectives by using a range of tools (including wealth transfer and estate planning).
- Researching and drafting technical tax memoranda on various tax issues for clients.
- Reviewing and signing a variety of tax returns, and serve as a subject matter expert when appropriate.
- Being creative with staff supervision, development and mentoring and overseeing client engagement teams.
Why join us?
Schenck is committed to people striving for growth. We believe the ultimate responsibility for personal and professional growth and development lies with each individual, and we are dedicated to supporting and rewarding each individual on his or her journey.
We’re a growth-oriented firm that works as a team to gain new knowledge and to innovate and optimize how we do things every day. We consciously work to engage our people and provide the opportunities and the career paths for each team member. We are confident that each team member will take ownership and do their part. We support our team members to take the lead in growing themselves, their goals and their career with us—professional paths that they help define.
Skills & Requirements
What makes you a really good looking candidate?
- You love public accounting – or at least the after tax season part.
- Tax is your true passion, although certainly NOT your only thing!
- You’re pretty darn good at "tax!"
- You jump at the chance to help others, and you’re ready to lead a team of high-performing people.
- You’re a little nuts about keeping up-to-date on the ever-changing tax regs and policies.
- You have a knack for solving issues and confidently bring solutions to the table.
- You have experience and exposure to a variety of industries.
- And also in your bag of tricks you have a Bachelor's degree in Accounting, have your CPA license and at least 5-7 years of experience in public accounting tax work.