Mahoney, Ulbrich, Christiansen, Russ P.A. (MUCR) is a full- service St. Paul based public accounting firm known for our experience in the real estate industry. We have developed an expertise in the low- income housing tax credit and historic rehabilitation tax credit areas.
MUCR has been recognized as one of the “Best Accounting Firms to Work For” for several years and offers a unique culture that values collaboration. We encourage work/life balance along with being actively involved in our community.
The Tax Manager role will be a part of our real estate and tax teams. Key responsibilities may include:
- Review partnership tax returns
- Research complex technical tax issues
- Recognize, anticipate and resolve complex tax issues and make recommendations
- Mentor and develop staff
Knowledge, Skills & Required Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field.
- MBT is a plus
- 5+ years of experience in public accounting.
- CPA license.
- Experience in Real Estate, Low Income Housing Tax Credits and Historic Tax Credits.
- Expert understanding of the technical tax rules applicable to partnerships
- Ability to research complex tax issues, problem solve and provide solutions
- Ability to lead, manage and develop staff in a highly interactive team environment
- Ability to work approximately 200-250 hours of overtime annually, occurring primarily during the tax filing season (January - April).
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Prior experience with CCH software products (Axcess Tax, Engagement, Document) is a plus.