Marcum LLP is seeking a Tax Manager with experience in the real estate industry to join our growing and well-established national firm at our Rockville, MD office location. The position requires an experienced tax professional with strong interpersonal and supervisory skills. The Tax Manager is the liaison between the partner, the client and the staff, and is responsible for all phases of an engagement.
Our growing tax practice provides tremendous career opportunities in an environment of the highest ethical standards and professionalism. We are committed to practicing work/life balance and offer extremely competitive salary and benefit packages.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review pass-through, corporate returns
- Manage compliance engagements, from budgeting to scheduling to managing staff
- Perform research and draft memoranda
- Train and supervise staff, review and evaluate their work
- Make suggestions to help improve efficiencies, within department and on engagements
- Build new and existing client relationships and demonstrate interest and knowledge of client’s business
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of senior and staff accountants.
- Responsible for interviewing new staff; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance and facilitating the resolution of problems.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, experience, certifications):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
- Masters of Taxation preferred.
- CPA license.
- 7+ years of experience in pass-through entities and real estate industry.
- 3+ years of experience supervising accounting professionals.
- Strong tax research skills
- Superb communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Thorough understanding of complex technical tax issues
- Able to problem-solve and think both creatively and logically
Marcum works hard to keep our compensation and benefit programs competitive with today’s market.
At Marcum, you'll find a competitive salary, benefits and 401(k) retirement savings plan. We care about our employees' mental and physical health, well-being and quality of life. Therefore, the firm offers a comprehensive employee benefits package that in part, includes:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance & AD&D Coverage
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Holidays and Paid Time Off
- Employee assistance program (counseling)
- Firm-paid parking (for managers and partners) in DC
- Free parking in Rockville, MD office
- Smart Benefits program (WMATA)
- Firm-paid training
- Various health and wellness programs