The Corporate Tax Manager is a newly created role that will be responsible for corporate tax compliance, tax provision, non-income tax compliance (e.g.: sales tax, gross receipts, tax, etc.) and research/planning. This position will report directly to the Senior Director of Tax.
- Proficient in the preparation and review of the annual and quarterly preparation of the income tax provision in accordance with IFRS/ASC740 and tax account reconciliations. Responsibilities include computing and documenting (via work papers) aspects of the income tax provision calculations, reconciliation of tax payable and receivable accounts as well as drafting any position papers that might be required. Will also be the direct liaison with the 3rd party tax auditors.
- Proficient in the preparation and/or review of federal consolidated, state, local and foreign income tax returns and payments including the preparation of state and local apportionment schedules and be the direct liaison and interact with 3rd party tax preparers.
- Evaluate any federal and state tax planning opportunities under the guidance of the Senior Director of Tax.
- Proficient in identifying tax issues, performing federal and state tax research and documenting the conclusion
- Assist with the data gathering, data manipulation and annual personal property tax renditions including the corresponding tax account reconciliations.
- Assist with the data gathering and data manipulation for the monthly sales & use tax returns including interaction with 3rd party tax preparers.
- Preparation of the monthly/quarterly/annual gross receipts returns including data gathering, data manipulation and filing.
- Experience in support federal and state income tax audits, responding to state income tax notices and contacting state and local taxing authorities to inquire on the status of refunds, gather additional information as it relates to notices.
- Research and prepare any tax position memos that might be required.
- Lead or participate in process improvement activities to redesign, standardize and automate tax accounting and reporting processes.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Ability to identify complex federal and state income and non-income tax issues and propose resolutions.
- Experience with US tax provision and compliance.
- Excellent written, verbal and communication skills with the ability to interact and team with other members of the finance team and 3rd party advisors.
- Detail oriented with excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Adept at working in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented organization.
- Strong process and project management skills, including the ability to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Good working knowledge of tax laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft excel.
- Experience with SAP preferred, but not required.
Work Experience / Education:
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years of progressive experience in public accounting or corporate tax department.
- Certified Public Accountant or other financial certification and/or advanced degree preferred.