The firm is looking for a Tax Manager to join our expanding tax practice in Private Client Services. This role provides an opportunity to join a high-performing tax practice. As a Tax Manager, you will use your expertise in taxation to provide compliance and consulting services to multi-generational wealthy families and their private business or investment entities, including personal, charitable and trust taxation and estate/gift taxation. Private businesses and investments are often owned in flow through enterprises such as partnerships and S corporations. You will also help lead and manage our growth, seize new business opportunities, supervise staff and work closely with the Directors and Partners.
We provide an exceptional opportunity to develop professionally through exposure to strategic tax planning and compliance, structure consultations with respect to family entities or private business entities, and all related Private Client Services (personal taxation, charitable taxation, trust taxation, estate & gift taxation and financial planning for multi-generational families). Candidates must be familiar with the tax consulting process and possess the analytical skills necessary for the effective diagnosis, development and implementation of solutions to clients' tax needs. With the firm, you'll have the opportunity to develop and pursue creative approaches to resolve client issues. Responsibilities:
- Advise clients on a full spectrum of personal and business/investment tax services, including planning, research, compliance, wealth transfer tax planning, and charitable planning
- Assist with new business development, extended service and tax issue recognition for existing clients
- Develop, motivate, and train staff level team members
- Manage client needs with respect to tax services and federal and state tax compliance
- Develop and sustain strong client relationships
- Keep up-to-date on current tax practices and changes in tax law
- Provide industry knowledge and experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- Masters in Tax or other business related field
- CPA certification
- 5 or more years of experience working as a Tax leader in public accounting
- Four or more years of experience in private client services or business taxation with a desire to grow skill in the private client services arena
- Experience working for a Big 4 or large national, regional or local accounting firm
- Proficient in income tax return compliance
- Proficient in Partnership Taxation or S-Corporation taxation
- Working knowledge of State & Local income (SALT)/Franchise tax for multi-state filers
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate complex information
You want your next step to be the right one. You've worked hard to get where you are today. And now you're ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. RSM is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you'll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective.
Experience RSM US. Experience the power of being understood.
RSM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.