TAX MANAGER – PRIVATE CLIENT SERVICES – MULTI-STATE (SALT) & TRUST
Berkowitz Pollack Brant’s SALT practice is currently recruiting for an experienced Tax Manager with background in Private Client services and experience with individual, trust, estate and gift tax returns.
Ideal candidate will be able to:
- Review Federal and State Individual and Trust Returns including reporting requirements for foreign investments.
- Review Gift Tax Returns
- Develop and implement domestic income and estate-planning strategies for high net worth clients to maximize family wealth and effectively use the annual/life-time exemptions. Implement post-mortem planning, including use of disclaimers, allocation of generation-skipping transfer tax exemption and interface with attorneys, Personal Representatives/Executors, and beneficiaries.
- Develop and implement charitable giving strategies to minimize estate, gift, and income tax.
- Review judicial and non-judicial fiduciary accountings for trusts and estates.
- Review federal estate tax returns and applicable state inheritance/estate tax returns.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting
- Master's Degree preferred
- Minimum five years of experience in Private Client Services
- CPA license required
- Strong research skills
- Experience managing multiple client engagements
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and anticipate client needs
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills