The Tax Manager will manage all aspects of tax provision accounting and provision system administration, global financial reporting requirements for taxes, related governance and tax controls including interface with internal/external auditors and monitor federal, state international tax laws and regulations in support of the global tax provision and tax filings.Key Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):
- Manage the preparation of the global tax provision calculations in accordance with US GAAP, including reviewing US GAAP to tax differences and adjustments. Review and organize workpapers for further review and analysis by the Global Tax Controller and internal/external auditors. Assist Global Tax Controller in overseeing the Company’s proper execution of tax controls during the tax provision preparation process, including monitoring the effective tax rate, deferred taxes, FIN48, and net operating losses and valuation allowances.
- Oversee projects on a monthly or quarterly basis, including but not limited to updating internal control design and execution documentation, administration of tax provision system, submitting monthly accruals to accounting, performing budget to actual analysis, and incorporating tax planning initiatives into the tax provision processes and approving tax account reconciliations, etc.
- Manage the timely and accurate preparation of Federal, state, and local income, franchise, sales/use, property, gross receipts, information and other tax returns, and quarterly/annual estimates and extensions, in compliance with applicable rules and regulations. Verify tax provision to return adjustments in support of the global tax provision.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with applicable laws, regulations and company policies across areas of organizational responsibility.
- Assist in the development of tax associates. Act as a coach and/or mentor; cultivate and reward superior performance. Look for opportunities to match employee development priorities and stretch assignments. Meet regularly with tax associates to manage and prioritize departmental projects.
- Master’s Degree preferred and a Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance required.
- CPA required
- 7+ years of tax accounting and/or compliance experience with a multi-international company
- International tax experience is a plus