- The Tax Manager has a wide range of responsibility with respect to federal, state and local taxaccounting, compliance and research focused on an Exelon business unit and its operating subsidiaries.
- The position reports directly to the business unit Tax Manager.
- Ownership of quarterly & annual tax provision process to ensure accurate and timely taxaccounting and disclosure. Responsibilities include computing and documenting (via work papers) income tax provision calculations for internal and external management reporting. The documentation includes the completion of Sarbanes Oxleycontrols and Fin 48 positions. In addition, the position interacts with external and internal auditors in the execution of quarterly and annual reviews and audits.(25%)
- Ownership of Federal Income Tax Return preparation process to ensure accurate & timely reporting and disclosure. Responsibilities include reviewing less complex portions of the tax return, preparing complex portions of the tax return, and ensuring adequate workpaper documentation. Overall, responsible for the tax return to be in a state to be effectively reviewed by Key Managers.(35%)
- Independently researches & concludes on various complex tax issues to determine the appropriate tax treatment and related taxreporting. Research includes preparing written memorandums for review by Key Managers and technical presentations to senior tax leadership.(10%)
- Proactively identifies, drives, and implements process improvements that promote risk management, streamline activities, and enhance transparency in tax work streams.(10%)
- Assists (with manager of Controversy) in complex controversy matters with governmental agencies including but not limited to the InternalRevenue Service, Illinois Department of Revenue, and Pennsylvania Department of Revenue. Activities include assisting in formulating position statements with respect to identified controversies raised by tax authorities.(10%)
- Investigates, concludes, and responds to inquires regarding tax matters made by organizations within Exelon. For example, interaction with the Exelon Treasury Department is common to forecast cash flows related to income taxes.(10%)
- Looking for a strong Income Tax Accountant with Big 4 experience focused on corporate income tax with large, publicly traded companies
- At least 5 years’ experience with income taxaccounting for large publicly traded companies (not interested in candidates with individual, foundation, trust taxexperience)
- Some taxcomplianceexperience would be helpful.
- Corptax software experience is a must have
- Looking for a Bachelor’s degree in relevant field (Accounting, Finance, etc.)
- Explicit tax manager experience
- Energy industry experience is desirable, though not at the expense of a broad base of experience.
- Certified Public Accountant or otherfinancial certification and/or advanced degree (MST)