$150K — $200K *
The primary purposes of this position are to prepare, plan, manage, and review tax financial accounting, income tax compliance, indirect tax compliance, and government examinations. This position should also ensure that other departments in the Corporation understand the tax impact of potential and/or actual accounting and business transactions. Frequent independent judgments are essential.
• Responsible for direct and indirect tax strategy, management, compliance, and provision for tax including federal, state and local, and foreign income tax, property tax, sales and use tax, business licenses, annual reports, and credits and incentives.
• Prepare/manage the quarterly and/or annual income tax provisions in accordance with ASC 740 (FAS 109 and FIN 48) including supporting workpapers, financial statement presentation, and footnotes.
• Prepare/manage all direct and indirect tax calculations supporting workpapers.
• Manage tax fixed assets and calculate tax depreciation and amortization.
• Organize and maintain historical tax records.
• Track and respond to notices from tax authorities.
• Maintain and reconcile all tax accounts.
• Lead MEDHOST responses to tax audits and examinations.
• Manage special tax projects.
• Provide support to A/P and A/R personnel in making sales and use taxing decisions.
• Maintain sales tax reporting software.
• Obtain and maintain needed business licenses and registrations.
• Manage legal entity annual reports, state qualifications, and incorporations.
• Provide tax research and guidance as needed throughout the MEDHOST organization.
• Assist with general ledger accounting as needed/assigned.
Required Qualifications :
• Bachelors or higher degree in Accounting or Finance.
• CPA or MST preferred.
• 7+ years of relevant tax experience in public or private industry; Public experience a plus.
• Sales and use tax experience in a large multi-state corporation or public accounting firm strongly preferred.
• Experience in the software industry a plus.
• Experience with Avatax sales tax software a plus.
• Experience with Checkpoint or other tax research software required.
• Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office applications (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.); Advanced Excel skills a plus.
• Strong federal, foreign, and state and local income tax experience.
• Strong knowledge of Accounting for Income Taxes required.
• Strong accounting and analytical skills with ability to research tax issues and apply relevant tax law to specific fact patterns.
• Excellent written, proofreading, and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to learn and adapt to new systems and processes.
• Must be detail oriented, organized, and able to deliver on tight timelines and possess the ability to multi-task.
Valid through: 11/17/2020