As a Tax Manager at MBAF, you will be responsible for identifying and implementing tax planning. You will also be responsible for the compliance function on clients including supervising the preparation and technical review of corporate, partnership and personal income tax returns..
- Identify and implement tax planning and consulting opportunities.
- Demonstrate extensive technical skills with tax compliance assignments for partnerships, S-Corporations, C-Corporations, trusts, and individual tax clients working proficiently with specific tax forms.
- Prepare and review the client tax calculations.
- Perform technical review of tax returns, extensions and estimated tax payments.
- Understand client tax accrual positions and deferred income tax accounting.
- Maintain good working relationships with clients to enhance client satisfaction and work with client management and staff at all levels to perform tax services.
- Responsible for supervising and mentoring Seniors and Supervisors with respect to tax technical matters, tax compliance matters, and their professional development.
- Display innovative and mindful leadership.
- Identify and assist with implementation of tax planning and tax savings strategies.
- Research and consult on complex tax matters.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degrees in Accounting, Finance or related fields
- CPA required
- Five+ years of progressive experience in public accounting
- Experience in International Tax is a plus
- Experience with ProSystems, Access, or Engagement is a plus
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills
- Strong judgment, problem-solving, and decision-making abilities
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple assignments in a fast-paced environment
- Work additional hours as needed and travel to various client sites