As a Tax Manager in MBAF’s Private Wealth Services group, you will be responsible for identifying and implementing tax planning for high net worth individuals. You will be in charge of managing tax compliance workflows, supervising tax staff and seniors, and approving corporate tax returns. As a Tax Manager you will be responsible for the compliance function on clients including supervising the preparation and technical review of individual, partnership, pass-through entities, and corporate tax returns.
- Identify and implement tax planning and consulting opportunities.
- Prepare and review the client tax calculations.
- Review complex tax returns, extensions and estimate tax payments.
- Understand client tax accrual positions and deferred income tax accounting.
- Participate in client meetings.
- Maintain exceptional working relationships with clients to enhance customer satisfaction and work with client management and staff at all levels to perform tax services.
- Responsible for supervising and mentoring seniors and displaying innovative leadership.
- Identify and assist with implementation of tax planning and tax savings strategies.
- Research and consult on complex tax matters.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degrees in Accounting, Finance or related fields
- CPA required
- Five+ years of progressive experience in public accounting
- Exceptional client service skills
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills
- Strong judgment, problem-solving, and decision-making abilities
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple assignments in a fast-paced environment
- Work additional hours and travel to various client sites as needed