Location: Portland, ME
Marcum LLP is seeking experienced Tax Managers to join our growing and well-established national firm in our Portland office. The position requires a high-energy, experienced professional, with strong interpersonal and supervisory skills.
Our growing practice provides tremendous career opportunities in an environment of the highest ethical standards and professionalism. We are committed to practicing work/life balance and offer extremely competitive salary and benefit packages.
- Specialization and experience in both individual and business tax returns, with concentration in flow through entities.
- Ensure complete client satisfaction through open communication, managing deadlines and proactively sharing tax saving strategies.
- Provide proper representation with taxing authorities for clients under federal or state examination. Possess strong writing skills for responding to problem resolutions for tax notices.
- Work closely with Partners, Directors, Senior Managers and staff on client management, professional development and business development activities.
- Supervise, develop, train and mentor staff including performance and engagement reviews.
- Be involved in practice development efforts of the firm.
- Provide on the job training to subordinates.
- Assist partners with preparation of engagement budgets and staff performance reviews.
- Review staff work product and ensure firm processes and quality control procedures are being executed.
- Attend professional development and continuing educations sessions on a regular basis.
- Communicate engagement needs to the client.
- Recognizes extended services opportunities.
- Keep current on professional announcements.
- Proactively participates in professional development opportunities, i.e. Mentoring Program.
- Present on a technical topic(s) for level training.
- Cultivate effective relationships with client and staff.
- Creative positive impression with client by exhibiting professional competency and ability.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in accounting required.
- Masters in Taxation degree of LLM in Taxation a plus.
- CPA certification required with a 5+ year public accounting tax experience.
- Strong technical skills pertaining to tax preparation and review, tax compliance, agencycorrespondence and tax research.
- Ability to problem solve and think both creatively and logically.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have outstanding work ethic, willing to roll up sleeves work attitude.
- A demonstrated ability to self-direct and effectively organize, prioritize and manage multipleengagements under tight deadlines.
- Outstanding leadership, mentoring and interpersonal skills fostering client and staff relationships.
- Thorough understanding of complex tax issues.
- Decisive ability to identify and execute solutions to problems.
- Ability to attract and develop profitable, sustainable client relationships.
Marcum LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Marcum LLP does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, national origin, color, religion, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other protected classification under the law.