Tax Manager - M&A Transaction Tax
5 - 7 years experience • Business Services
Our client is seeking a Tax Manager to join their expanding Transaction Services tax team in New York City. The tax manager position we seek to fill represent ground floor opportunities for the right candidates to help build out a multi- disciplined, premiere mergers and acquisitions (“M&A”) tax advisory team serving middle market private equity, as well as emerging growth companies.
- Bring your corporate and general tax advisory experiences into a focused M&A transaction tax practice where we advise private equity, corporate and other strategic clients on all aspects within the M&A tax spectrum, as well as general tax research and planning.
- Work with and assist other senior members of the Transaction Services tax team with various technical tax issues.
- Be part of a multi-disciplined team focusing on tax due diligence, tax structuring and post-close tax planning and taxreporting.
- Develop your technical tax expertise to a higher level in focusing on M&A transactional tax matters including key areas such as Sub chapter C, partnerships and other flow through entities, international tax planning, tax structuring, as well as tax accounting/ASC 740 analysis and review.
- Engage with and develop other less experienced team members as to tax technical issues.
- Expect to be challenged both technically and in the business development aspects of what we do. We are looking for you to help us take this practice to the next level.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university.
- MBA or advanced degreepreferred.
- CPA or J.D./ LL.M. required.
- 5years of federal tax research, planning and tax consulting experience from a public accounting firm, corporate tax department or law firm environment.
- Transaction tax M&A experience in the corporate environment or in working with/for private equity funds differentiates you.
- General taxexperience in corporate tax across various industry sectors helpful.
- Possess the ability to manage yourself and others on multiple engagements and client service teams that run simultaneously.
- Have ability to undertake complex tax research assignments and come to conclusions; possess exceptional writing skills in communicating difficult tax technical concepts and issues.