LBMC is a great place to work and we have the awards and people to prove it! As one of the fastest growing companies since our inception over 30 years ago, we know that people are the key to how to maintain our success. Our people, culture, benefit options, growth opportunities, and not to mention that we are located in some pretty amazing cities in Tennessee, all come together to make us a TOP Work Place!
LBMC is seeking an individual to fill the role as a Tax Manager in our Knoxville office.
The Tax Manager reviews and manages tax engagements while supervising and developing Tax Consultants. The Tax Manager is willing to grow professionally and sees the firm as a tool (resource and environment) to assist with that growth, but understands and takes ownership for personal and professional growth and development. The Manager views the development and training of subordinates as a very important part of career and necessary in order to advance to senior management level position within the firm.
PRIMARY DUTIES | RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assumes full responsibility for directing large engagements and special assignments.
- Supervises the assignment of duties to, and the training of, Staff and Senior Accountants assigned to the engagement.
- Proactively manages engagements and relationships to ensure that the services and products that the firm provides to clients are provided in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ensures adherence to due dates.
- Monitors time budgets.
- Recognizes and has the ability to utilize client personnel in the efficient completion of assigned tasks.
- Acts as a technical advisor in providing advice or research assistance to others with moderate to complex tax questions.
- Reviews all working papers and the completed returns for compliance with the firm's standards.
- Effectively supervises multiple engagements at one time.
- Determines fees to be charged for an engagement with approval from client partner.
- Develops and implements tax planning ideas with assistance from other client service executives.
- Obtains an annual utilizationbudget of 1,600 chargeable hours.
- Develops referral sources and networking with community leaders such as bankers, attorneys, etc.
- Maintains excellent working relations with clients.
- Responsible for the development and training of Staff and Senior Accountants.
- Coaches and mentors personnel. Provides meaningful and timely feedback for the purpose of developing and enhancing staff members' skill sets.
Will also performs other duties as assigned.
- Licensed CPA.
- At least five years of progressive Tax consulting experience including experience in leading and training less experienced Tax staff members.