From day one, experience our difference. Go beyond the numbers, do something different by developing rapport with clients and making a difference. Whether you intend to specialize or would rather gain exposure across many service lines, you won’t be limited at Plante Moran. We’ll encourage you to explore diverse opportunities to find your focus and thrive in your chosen career.
Our rapid growth and increasing demands for our services has created a need for a highly motivated individual to join our Tax Team and work with our medium to large US and Japanese based clients, specializing in the manufacturing and distribution industries.
Your work will include, but not be limited to:
- High level of demonstrated technical proficiency to review and develop lesser experienced staff in the areas of client engagement management and applied technical knowledge in individual, trust, partnership, corporate, federal, state, and local tax returns, estimated payments and extensions, and federal and state taxaudits.
- Determine appropriate tax objectives, scope and methodology and actively participate in decision making with client’s management to understand the broader impact of current decisions and possible solutions.
- Effectively leverage available technology and other resources to maximize technical application to project, and holds the engagement team to the same standard.
- Serve as the primary engagement manager with economic responsibilities for billing, realization, and collections.
- Develop and execute a practice development plan which includes networking, new client development and client expansion activities.
- Stay abreast on the latest developments tax trends and legislation, along with any Firm standards and policies.
- 6+ years of recent, related taxexperience in public accounting; speculating with clients in the manufacturing and distribution industries
- Prior experience working with multi-state, internationally active middle-market clients is helpful
- Demonstrated experience in engagement management, e.g. project planning, managing and developing staff, technical tax execution, review and billing
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance
- Japanese and English fluency (verbal and written)
- Position may be filled as a Manager or Sr. Manager based on applicable experience
We are a nationally recognized public accounting, consulting, and wealth management firm, consistently ranked as one of FORTUNE magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For.” At Plante Moran, we live by the Golden Rule, fostering a relatively “jerk-free” culture with the lowest staff turnover rate in the industry. Our supportive network of well-rounded professionals is excited to catapult your growth and help pave your pathway to professional excellence.
Apply now. Experience our difference.
This is an exempt position, so you may have to work hours that exceed the standard 40-hour work week.
Plante Moran is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse workplace.
Interested applicants must submit their resume for consideration using our applicant tracking system. Due to the high volume of applications received, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship, with the exception of candidates that are bilingual in Japanese and English. Unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, or similar, will not be paid a fee and become the property of Plante Moran.
The specific statements above are not intended to be all-inclusive.