The Tax Manager is responsible for preparing and/or managing the Company’s compliance with all U.S. and foreign tax filing requirements related to federal, state and local taxes; ensuring all tax requirements are met and maximum tax benefits are realized; preparing consolidated income tax provision and financial statement disclosures in accordance with U.S. GAAP; leading and supporting all corporate tax planning initiatives; overseeing all taxaudits; and providing tax information and researching & resolving tax related issues.
The right individual will be a self-starter with attention to detail, as well as understanding the needs of a growing business. The Tax Manager supervises the tax team and provides support and training to tax team staff.
The successful candidate will work closely with management of the company, must be able to maintain confidentiality, and communicate directly with the CFO.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparation and filing of Individual, Partnership & Corporate tax returns required under federal, state, local and applicable foreign taxlaws and regulations.
- Responsible for developing and implementing tax systems, policies, methods and procedures to compile information for various local, state, federal and international reports for the Company.
- Perform various analyses to arrive at tax efficient strategies and structures in order to maximize tax savings or minimize tax exposure.
- Provide technical expertise in complex tax issues and provide analysis regarding new taxlaws & regulations.
- Perform final review al all tax returns prepared by staff; electronically file tax returns.
- Oversee and monitor tax compliance issues including tax notices, response letters, audits, exams & testing, including protests & litigation.
- Provide tax research and technical advice on state and local tax issues.
- Advise on tax issues relating to domestic and international transactions and reorganizations.
- Provide taxsupport across all levels of the Company, including but not limited to projects and initiatives.
- Monitor tax legislation and effectively communicate relevant developments to management.
- Prepare corporate compliance documentation including minutes and bylaws as well as annual forms such as statement of information, property taxes, city license
- Entrepreneurial mindset.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Ability to handle difficult situations and resolve them to the client’s satisfaction.
- “Street smart” / able to think on your feet.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Must always be friendly and willing to assist others.
- A good memory for data and details.
- Basic computer and typing skills.
- Must be punctual and able to work flexible hours.
- Be a good listener and exhibit sound judgment.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced job environment.
- Able to critically analyze situations and solve problems effectively.
- Bachelors required- concentration in Accounting is preferred . Masters of taxation or Business Administration is a plus.
- CPA License is required.
- Minimum of 7 years of public accounting experience.
- Must be well versed with board areas of taxation.
- Experienced in Quickbooks and Lacerte tax software.
- Exceptionally strong MS office skills especially Excel.
- Presentation skills and strong organization skills.
- Need to be well organized with a proven ability of successfully juggling multiple assignments and a strong track record of meeting deadlines.
- Highly motivated.
About Semaphore Business Solutions
The Semaphore family of companies, and Semaphore Business Solutions, is a financial services firm offering a wide range of business solutions to its clients. Semaphore has earned its reputation of being best in its class by offering over the top products and services equally backed by the highest level of customer service and client satisfaction. Located in sunny Southern California by the Irvine Spectrum, our firm has been providing financial solutions for over 20years and has earned a reputation of providing expertise and developing successful long-term relationships based upon trust.