We are looking for an International Tax (ITAX) Manager to join our expanding International Tax Group. The ITAX practice advises clients on outbound and inbound structure planning, foreign tax credit, worldwide tax minimization planning, ASC 740, international provisions of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, and general international business planning. As a Tax Manager within International Tax for RSM you will be responsible for the following job duties which are focus around three core concepts (Technical & Quality Expertise, People & Talent Management and Client Service/Business Development):
- Serve as a Career Advisor, mentor or coach to one or more employees, which will include providing honest and timely performance feedback - approximately 10 - 20% of your time
- Work on multiple complex issues while communicating in a non-technical manner to facilitate communication between the client and the service team while managing the risk for both the client and the firm
- Advise clients on a full spectrum of International Tax services including planning, research, compliance, general mergers and acquisitions activities and transfer pricing
- Reviewing US international information reporting forms
- Reviewing quantitative analysis and projects of international tax professionals
- Working with RSM member firms around the world
- Assist with new business development, extended service and tax issue recognition for existing clients
- Manage corporate international client needs with respect to tax services and federal and state tax compliance
- Remain up-to-date on current tax practices and changes in tax law
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting required and CPA or JD required
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Public Accounting with a focus in International Tax
- Comprehensive understanding of tax law/rules and implications
- Experience with International Tax compliance including, but not limited to forms 5471, 5472, 8865, 8858 and 1118
- Strong technical skills in accounting, tax preparation and review within the International taxation environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to travel up to 15% of the time
- Must have a working knowledge of inbound and outbound structure planning, foreign tax credits, worldwide tax minimization planning, transfer pricing analysis, and ASC 740
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Experience with a national or large regional accounting firm
You want your next step to be the right one. You've worked hard to get where you are today. And now you're ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. RSM is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you'll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective.
Experience RSM US. Experience the power of being understood.
RSM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.