What you’ll doAs aTax Manager within the BusinessTax Services group, you will provide federaltax consulting and compliance services to a diverse client base in various industry sectors. You will work directly with the client, manage thetax engagement team, have access to an elite group of specialists when needed, and be connected to a strong support system from firm leadership to ensure you are set up for success in your role and career.Responsibilitieswill include:
- Maintaining and developing strong client relationships on various federal tax consulting/compliance engagements.
- Advising clients on a variety of tax issues including accounting for income taxes, FTA (periods, methods & credits), tax provisions, tax compliance, business restructuring, and tax controversy.
- Overseeing complex federal tax compliance and consulting projects requiring tax analysis for a variety of entities and their affiliates.
- Managing engagement workflow, engagement team resources, and engagement billing.
- Providing leadership, counseling, and career guidance for the development and motivation of the engagement team.
The TeamAt Deloitte Tax LLP, our Business Tax Services team provides expertise to clients to gain a competitive advantage by integrating tax strategy into their business operations while working within the confines of their individual risk profiles. Business Tax subject matter experts and industry specialists provide services relevant to our client’s business. Our team will assist with global tax challenges and transform the tax department to create greater impact and efficiency within our client’s organization. Our spectrum of business tax services are relevant for public and private companies and range from tax planning to tax compliance, controversy and risk management, specialized services including research and development, government incentives, and tax management consulting. Join us, and help clients optimize their tax functions and take strategy to the next level. Learn more about Deloitte Business Tax Services.
- 5+ years’ experience in federal taxation
- Solid understanding and experience with federal tax compliance, federal tax accounting and provisions, tax analysis, and tax research
- Solid understanding with accounting for income taxes in accordance to ASC740
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or related field
- Must have a proper certification: CPA, JD, JD/LLM, EA or other appropriate credential
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Excellent presentation and communications skills
- Strong management experience
- Able to travel up to 25%
- Advanced degree such as Masters of Tax, JD, or JD/LLM
- Previous Big 4 or large CPA firm experience.
Requisition code: E18OMATMGRDK003-BTS