With our portfolio of global Power Brands such as Oreo and belVita biscuits, Cadbury Dairy Milk and Milka chocolate and Trident gum, we’re the world’s #1 in biscuits and candy, and #2 in chocolate and gum. We’re Mondel?z International, a snacking powerhouse with operations in more than 80 countries, with approximately 90, employees globally and our brands are marketed in around 165 countries.
Our purpose and vision is to create more MOMENTS OF JOY by building the BEST SNACKING COMPANY IN THE WORLD.
Building and maintaining relationships between the Company and the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). Work with Senior Management to develop and execute audit plans and strategies. Coordinate and draft responses to IRS requests. Research and document tax technical positions. Assist in the review and preparation of theFederal Tax Return.
• Lead the management of the IRS audit. Includes leading the defense of our historic tax positons by i spotting potential tax issues, researching the tax treatment and reporting of past transactions, preparing and reviewing responses and presenting position our defense to the IRS. Ultimate goal is to ensure Mondelez minimizes its tax risk and maintains its US tax filing positions upon IRS audit. (50%)
• Assist in the Review of the Federal Tax Return including review of 1120, 5471, statements and elections, etc. to enhance accuracy of the current return as well asto develop knowledge of current tax positions for ultimate audit defense. (20%)
• Perform tax research to support positions taken on various issues to ensure Mondelez properly files and documents positions taken in the US tax return. (10%)
• Work with Tax Compliance team and colleagues across the company to build a comprehensive audit response strategy and to ensure best practices in supportingdocumentation and document retention to minimize future tax audit risk. (10%)
• Assist in the review of foreign tax credit calculations, earnings and profits calculations and foreign expense calculations to ensure the proper filing of the US tax return. (10%)
Internal and external contacts:
In this section, describe all internal and external clients of position, as well as the frequency of interaction.
Internal clients include:
US Federal & State Tax Compliance Team, Global Tax Planning Group, Global Tax Compliance Team, Tax Transfer Pricing Group, Tax Accounting Group, Accounting & External Reporting, Finance, FP&A, and Treasury. Coordination of information gathering with external service providers: GenPact, Accenture and Ernst & Young. Direct interaction with the Internal Revenue Service.
Mondelez Tax Department personnel and Internal Revenue Service daily, foreign unit contacts monthly, other accounting personal monthly. External service providers monthly.
Qualifications, experience & Skills:
1. US Federal Audit Experience and General International Tax Compliance (Minimum 7 Years, Max 15)
2. Large Corporation or Big Four Public Accounting Tax Experience (Minimum 5 Years, Max 12)
3. Master’s degree in Tax preferred
1. Strong technical knowledge in U.S. corporate and international taxation
2. Strong problem solving skills to determine various alternatives to determine problem resolution as issues arise.
3. Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
4. Ability to multi-task and prioritize in complex situations and tight deadlines while delivering high quality work
5. Individual self-starter with the ability to be collaborative and effective working with others including leading and also being a team player. Requires the ability to workwith people throughout the Tax Department and Corporate Functions at all levels.
6. Ability to research and model difficult and complex tax issues to provide and support recommended solutions including strong attention to detail.
7. Proficient in Corp Tax. Word, Excel, PowerPoint and online research tools (RIA, CCH, etc.)
Req #: 1801570