We’re Elliott Davis, and we’re revolutionizing what it means to work in the public accounting field. Around here we may do the work of accountants, but we think like startup entrepreneurs, social do-gooders and community leaders.
So, what does that mean for you? We are so glad you asked.
Our Charlotte, NC office is search for a Real Estate Tax Manager to help lead the group forward. This is an exciting time to help shape the future of the group and create opportunities for both our clients, our employees and yourself.
In this role, you will work with real estate professionals in the Charlotte market and help clients identify and achieve their strategic goals through a proactive, innovative and future-oriented service approach. We provide peace of mind for our clients so that they know their finances are in good hands and empower our clients to do what they do best – run their business.
Are you the right fit? If so, we would love to hear from you!
- Developing and sustaining excellent client relationships with some of the top real estate companies in our market
- Performing technical review of tax returns with varying complexity
- Identifying and recommending creative solutions to complex client issues
- Reviewing operating agreements, letters of intent, purchase agreements, and other legal documentation related to tax transactions
- Monitoring economic performance of engagements, including billing and collections
- ·Recruiting, developing, and motivating team members, creating pools of ready-now leaders
- Collaborating cross-functionally within the firm to grow existing business and offer a variety of business solutions to clients and prospects
- Developing and growing a business network with colleagues, referral relationships, potential customers, and external organizations to attract new business.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance; Masters in Tax preferred
- 6+ years of recent public accounting firm experience, including managing multiple real estate tax projects and client engagements.
- Experience developing team members, assigning projects, and managing work flow
- Significant experience working within the real estate industry and on all types of entity and individual taxes, especially partnerships
- CPA certification
- Leadership and project/team management skills
- Excellent communication and networking acumen
- Ability to manage and grow strong customer relationships
- Experience with tax software and technology