CTS Corporation - Lisle, IL
Ensures compliance with taxreporting requirements and accuracy of the tax related financial statement disclosures. Assists Tax Director in developing strategic initiatives to reduce the worldwide effective tax rate.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Prepare/Review the quarterly and annual consolidated income tax provision calculations, including the global effective tax rate, taxes payable, reserves for uncertain tax positions and maintenance of accurate deferred income tax balances.
- Prepare all requiredGAAPtax disclosures for quarterly and year-end filings
- Manage internal controls for quarterly and annual income tax accounting process
- Prepare/Review tax account reconciliations
- Manage the overall tax provision process including maintaining calendars for quarterly and year-end deadlines
- Identify and implement process improvements for the current income tax provision process
- Research relevant current legislative and accounting developments and prepare written memorandum discussing the impact of these changes on our organization.
- Assists Tax Director in developing strategic initiatives to reduce the worldwide effective tax rate.
- Assists local country Controllers and outside tax preparers in ensuring the accuracy of foreign tax provisions, tax compliance, and tax balances. Assist in developing strategic plans to optimize cross-border transactions to minimize overall effective tax rate of the company.
- Assist with the management and implementation of transfer pricing studies and policies.
- Assist with various othertax matters as needed, including ongoing review of tax procedures to streamline processes and minimize risk.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong analytical skills. Exposure to broad base of income tax issues, including international tax, preferred.
- Sound decision-making skills using analytical data and information from internal and external sources.
- Demonstrated continuous improvement mindset to improve output and free up resources for analytical support.
- Planning and organizational skills are required to meet reporting and special project deadlines. Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate financial information to non-financial managers. Good verbal and written communication skills must also be possessed for presentations, letters, and memos.
- High Integrity, self-starter, strong work ethic
Education and Experience
- Undergraduatedegree in accounting. Master's Degree in Accounting or Taxation or MBA preferred.
- Minimum 6years’ experience in corporate taxation in a public accounting firm or corporate setting.
Job Type: Full-time
- International Tax ( Outside of US and Canada ): 2years
- Tax Accounting: 5years
Required license or certification: