The C/AM Practice is comprised of a diverse group of tax professionals with numerous years of experience, who help clients with expert tax planning. The group offers unparalleled knowledge and service in the area of tax credits and accounting methods and helps companies identify and realize value-added opportunities.
What does your day look like?
As a leader in this National Specialty Tax Practice, you will help to develop the vision, strategies, and action plans to grow Cherry Bekaert’s C/AM Practice. You will be responsible for helping to manage internal resources and work on consulting engagements that include but are not limited to:
- Research and Development (“R&D”) Tax Credits
- Accounting Methods
- Cost Segregation Studies
- Fixed Asset Review Analysis
- Historic Tax Credits
- Section 199A Deduction
- Energy Credits and Deductions
In addition, you will train, mentor, and supervise staff, providing timely and meaningful feedback. You will contribute to the growth of top-line revenue. You will have an equal voice on a team of over 20 professionals into the future growth and goals.
What do you need for this role?
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, engineering, technology, or related field. A CPA, MST, MAcc, LLM or JD is required.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in federal tax compliance or tax consulting services.
- Ability to travel up to 30% to meet with clients.
- Proven knowledge of the R&D tax credit
- Knowledge of Section 199A.
- Experience with accounting methods including uniform capitalization rules; tangible property regulations; capitalization and depreciation; unit of property reviews; cost segregation studies; revenue recognition; and advanced payments.
- Experience preparing or reviewing Form 3115.
- Desire to participate in strategic planning initiatives
- Strong project management and organizational skills
What Can We Offer You?
- Shared values, including uncompromising integrity, a passion for excellence, and mutual respect
- Collaborative environment focused on career advancement and professional development
- Opportunity to focus your career in specialty taxes
- Extensive training
- Flexible work arrangements with generous PTO
- Competitive salary and bonus program
- “Dress for your Day” policy
Our mission is to make a difference for our people and for our clients. If these values align with yours, we’d like to hear from you.
Bachelors or better.
Masters or better in Taxation or related field.