We serve private and public companies in more than a dozen industries; not-for-profit organizations; and high net-worth individuals and family groups. When you choose CBIZ & MHM New England, you get proactive, accessible professionals who communicate in understandable terms, and deliver practical solutions on time, with no surprises, to help your organization thrive.
This position will be responsible for managing all aspects of client tax operations with corporate entities and delivery of tax services including, global tax provision, corporate income tax and tax planning and consulting. May include a full outsourcing relationship with clients.
Essential Functions and Primary Duties:
- Manage multiple engagements for clients in various industries including, life sciences, technology, retail, and manufacturing. Includes public and PE-owned entities
- Manage client relationships
- Supervise ,motivate, and train engagement team members
- Able and willing to work at client location when needed
- Assist clients with the preparation of the global or domestic interim and year-end tax provision
- Calculate and maintain deferred income taxes
- Assist clients with the calculation of tax reserves for uncertain tax positions. Prepare documentation supporting tax positions and relevant disclosures
- Maintain and review client's tax account reconciliation
- Assist clients with the preparation and documentation of income tax footnotes and disclosures for quarterly and annual SEC filings.
- Coordinate with financial statement auditors as necessary
- Assist clients with maintaining SOX tax controls
- Review and coordinate the preparation of all federal, foreign, and state tax returns
- Assist clients with audits and inquiries by governmental authorities.
- Assist clients with maintaining tax strategies
- Assist with other projects as necessary
- Bachelor degree required
- Graduate or specialty degree preferred
- CPA, J.D. or Enrolled Agent license
- 5 - 8 years' experience in public accounting or large multinational company
- Technical knowledge of income tax accounting standards and application of ASC 740
- Experience with public company financial statement audits
- Familiarity with ProSystem fx tax compliance software, One Source Tax Provision, or other comparable resources.
- Strong written, verbal communication and presentation skills
- Positive attitude, good work ethic, and able to prioritize multiple tasks