Mazars in US is an independent member firm of Mazars Group, an international audit, tax and advisory organization with operations in over 90 countries. With roots going back to 1921 in the US, the firm has significant national presence in strategic geographies, providing seamless access to 26,000+ professionals around the world. Our industry specialists deliver tailored services to a wide range of clients across sectors, including individuals, high-growth emerging companies, privately-owned businesses and large enterprises.
Mazars works as a single, integrated team, committed to helping our clients and people succeed by respecting who they are and how they work, adapting our approach accordingly. We take pride in what we do and are committed to playing our part in building the economic foundations of a fair and prosperous world.
Our Tax practice is seeking an experienced and driven Tax Manager who is passionate about our profession, to join our Tax team in the Philadelphia area (Ft. Washington PA) office. As a Tax Manager in this practice you will be responsible for providing a combination of sophisticated tax planning, consulting and compliance services and the highest levels of client service excellence while working with and developing other tax professionals on assigned clients in the manufacturing, distribution, real estate, private equity and insurance industries.
The preferred location for this position is our Philadelphia area (Ft. Washington PA) office. However this position can take place in any of our U.S. office locations.
Our firm offer remote working.
- Demonstrate strong technical knowledge of individual, partnership, and corporate tax planning, consulting, and compliance activities
- Review of client tax provisions
- Research issues involved in federal, state and local tax planning projects that impact clients
- Recognize, anticipate, and resolve tax issues and make recommendations that will be beneficial to clients
- Communicate with the IRS, and applicable state and local authorities on behalf of clients' tax matters
- Serve as a representative of clients for any possible tax-related audit
- Conduct tax research using CCH, ProSystem and other applicable tax-related software programs
- Supervise work of tax staff and tax seniors assigned to client engagements
- Review and maintain engagement budgets throughout assignments
- Keep firm partners updated on status of all client engagements
- Develop and maintain solid client relationships at all times
- Participate and be proactive on client business proposals
- Stay current on technical and industry developments and standards while evaluating potential impacts on clients' business
- Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting or a Business-related field of study
- An advanced Tax degree (MST, LLM, JD) is preferred
- CPA license is required
- 6-9 years of relevant tax experience in a CPA firm, a professional services firm or tax consulting practice
- Experience managing multiple client engagements simultaneously and on time and within budget
- Strong tax compliance, analysis and research experience
- Proficient with CCH and other tax-related software and technology programs
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite tools
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written)
- Excellent analytical, organizational and project management skills
- Strong leadership, mentoring and staff development skills
- Ability to travel to client locations as needed
- Authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
What We Offer:
- Competitive base salary and incentive compensation plan
- A comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental and life insurance plans, a generous paid days’ off (PDO) plan, and a competitive 401k plan
- A dynamic, diverse work experience in a growing global organization
- An inclusive, client-centered environment where you can develop new skills, enhance your overall business knowledge and work with world-class professionals
- Intensive customized training, including in-house leadership development programs, continuing professional education courses, and both classroom and on-the-job training
- Opportunity for International Mobility experiences are also made available