Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout North America. The Company serves a diverse customer base, including a majority of the Fortune 500 companies, thousands of smaller private entities and numerous federal, state, provincial and local governmental agencies. Through its Safety-Kleen subsidiary, Clean Harbors also is a premier provider of used oil recycling and re-refining, parts washers and environmental services for the small quantity generator market.
Headquartered in Norwell, Massachusetts, Clean Harbors has waste disposal facilities and service locations throughout the United States and Canada, as well as Mexico and Puerto Rico.
We offer competitive salaries and progressive benefits including health, dental, life insurance, 401K, generous paid time off, tuition reimbursement and more. We offer a drug free work environment and require a pre-employment drug screen. All Applicants are subject to pre-employment security background checks, and some positions may require pre-employment physical fitness for duty tests.
The Tax Manager is an integral part of the finance department that is responsible for the preparation and payment of all Parts Washers property tax returns.
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times.
- Prepare property tax returns for all Parts Washers
- Review/Appeal assessment notices and process property tax bills
- Oversee and manage one Financial Analyst and one Temp as needed
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management and will be required by the needs of the Clean Harbors business.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting required
- Property Tax experience preferred
- Project Management skills
- Thomson Reuters Onesource system knowledge a plus
- Ability to manage a full process and identify/resolve discrepancies
- Prior experience managing a direct report/team