That's why here at Choice we're always looking for exceptional people - people who will challenge us, make our team stronger, smarter and more complete. People who know how to roll up their sleeves and tackle the job at hand; who go the extra mile to get the job done - and done well.
At Choice we are looking for employees to connect the world through the power of hospitality - and we offer support, training and a collaborative workplace atmosphere that makes us a great place to bring together people, brands, and technology that enable success.
Who are we looking for? Maybe it's you.
- Analyze the company's financial data as it relates to global tax reporting and tax compliance. Support senior tax executives on special projects.
- Position reports to the Director, Tax Accounting & Policy. For specific tax projects, position will report to project leader.
What you will do…
- Prepare, review, and analyze the quarterly and annual Federal, State, and International tax provision.
- Calculate quarterly tax deductions, windfalls and shortfalls, in accordance with FAS 123R as it relates to stock options exercised by employees.
- Reconcile the company's current and deferred tax accounts, including the company's tax basis balance sheet.
- Review and update the company's uncertain tax positions.
- Assist in preparing financial statement disclosures relating to income taxes.
- Assist with the quarterly and annual tax forecasting process.
- Assist in providing support with Sarbanes Oxley/404 controls.
Tax Research, Planning and Special Projects:
- Research tax issues as they relate to tax accounting, compliance, audits, and special projects.
- Monitor tax legislation and financial accounting standards, planning for the potential tax impact on the company
- Prepare quarterly memos to document tax impact of transactions as they occur.
Skills you have…
- Education must include a B.A. in Accounting or equivalent, with all parts of CPA exam passed. Masters in Tax, or JD/LLM preferred.
- A minimum of three years relevant experience in corporate or public accounting, including sound technical understanding of US Federal and State tax code;
- Thorough understanding of ASC 740 Accounting for Income Taxes for public companies and tax compliance reporting requirements;
- Strong communication skills and the ability to collaborate with co-workers;
- Ability to multitask and prioritize, meeting internal and external deadlines efficiently, and operating in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment;
- Experience working with tax compliance and provision software, OneSource preferred;
- Proficiency writing technical memos and preparing presentations utilizing MS Office suite;
- Must be able to uphold Choice's Values & Performance Principles of accountability, collaboration; performance excellence, sense of urgency, innovation, inclusion & diversity, integrity & trust, customer focus, and respect.
- Ability to model Choice's Values & Performance Principles of collaboration, performance excellence, sense of urgency, openness to new ideas, inclusion & diversity, integrity, customer focus, and respect.