CBIZ and MHM are together ranked as one of the top accounting services providers in the United States. With more than 35 offices and more than 3,000 professionals, we serve the country's growing mid-market public and private businesses and the not-for-profit sector. MHM, an independent CPA firm, provides high quality audit and assurance services and works closely with CBIZ, an accounting, tax and consulting services provider. CBIZ and MHM are members of Kreston International Limited, a global network of independent accounting firms.
The Denver office of CBIZ MHM now operates under the name CBIZ Seff, reflecting the national depth of CBIZ and MHM and the local knowledge and commitment of The Seff Group, P.C. CBIZ and MHM and The Seff Group, P.C. joined forces in November 2016 to meet our clients' attest, tax and public accounting needs locally, nationally and globally. Together, we "out local" other national firms and "out national" other local firms. We are known for our local, high-touch and high quality client service and professional expertise.
In this leadership role, you will have the opportunity to utilize your technical tax, analytical, operational, management and client service skills.
Essential Functions & Primary Duties:
- Robust public accounting experience with mid or large size accounting firm
- Solid understanding of Tax Codes and Regulations
- Experience in preparing and reviewing tax provisions and International Tax
- Experience training, developing and supervising staff
- Serve as client's trusted advisor, demonstrates knowledge of industry trends, identify client issues and conflicts; proactively communicate solution options to client and team
- Manage staff on engagement deliverables (such as tax returns, work papers, etc.); complete technical and strategic reviews as a member of the final engagement review team to ensure accuracy, on time delivery and on budget
- Demonstrate proficient technical skills for handling all client responsibilities, including knowledge of trends, industries, alternatives, etc.
- Understand the client's organization, procedures and internal policies
- Reviewing complex tax returns including international, federal and multi-state returns for C Corporations, S Corporations, partnerships high net worth individuals, trusts & estates, and foundations.
- Understanding your client's goals and needs and servicing clients directly
- Owning client relationships and work
- Strategizing with Managing Directors regarding tax planning
- Provide clients' with recommendations and guidance on how to achieve their goals and assist in identifying opportunities for growth with clients
- Researching tax issues and providing guidance to clients
- Working closely with staff, and assisting senior management in mentoring, coaching, training, supervising and evaluating staff
- Foster a team environment; demonstrates support of management and decisions and build a positive culture
- Participates in practice development activities that lead to the generations of new business and the opportunities for cross-serves
- Ability to present a professional demeanor and confidence when interacting with clients
- Ability to communicate in a direct and respectful manner with external contacts and internal resources
- Ability to think clearly under pressure in demanding, deadline driven situations
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Demonstrate high ethical and professional standards as outlined by CBIZ
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree preferred in Accounting, Taxation or related field
- 6 years of experience in public accounting or related field
- 3 years supervisory experience
- Must have active CPA or equivalent certification
- Ability to manage all aspects of client engagements
- Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing throughout all levels of organization, both internally and externally
- Must be able to travel based on client and business needs
- Proficient use of applicable technology