With over 100 offices and nearly 5,000 associates in major metropolitan areas and suburban cities throughout the U.S. CBIZ (NYSE: CBZ) delivers top-level financial and employee business services to organizations of all sizes, as well as individual clients, by providing national-caliber expertise combined with highly personalized service delivered at the local level. CBIZ has been honored to be recognized as one of the Best & Brightest Companies to Work for in the Nation for 2016. The Best and Brightest Companies to Work For® competition identifies and honors organizations that display a commitment to excellence in their human resource practices and employee enrichment based on categories such as communication, work-life balance, employee education, diversity, recognition, retention and more.
CBIZ and MHM are together ranked as one of the top accounting services providers in the United States. With more than 35 offices and more than 3,000 professionals, we serve the country’s growing mid-market public and private businesses and the not-for-profit sector. MHM, an independent CPA firm, provides high quality audit and assurance services and works closely with CBIZ, an accounting, tax and consulting services provider. CBIZ and MHM are members of Kreston International Limited, a global network of independent accounting firms.
Do you want to work for a company that is continually ranked as a best place to work in Phoenix? CBIZ and Mayer Hoffman McCann P.C. (MHM) have recently been named a Best Place to Work, a Top Company To Work For in Arizona and a Most Admired Company. These awards demonstrate our commitment to our employees in providing a superior work environment that places high value on benefits, company culture, community service and overall employee satisfaction. As a an award winner, our organization ranks in the top 20% of employers nationally in terms of its programs, policies and culture for creating an effective and flexible workplace. CBIZ and Mayer Hoffman McCann P.C. (MHM) are together ranked as one of the top accounting service providers in the United States.
CBIZ & MHM is currently seeking a highly motivated Tax Manager. This important role in our growing Tax practice includes client relationships, technical tax work, and managing staff. Our department is dedicated to assisting individuals, partnerships, and corporations with tax compliance and planning.
In this leadership role, you will have the opportunity to utilize your technical tax, analytical, operational, management and client service skills by:
Essential Functions and Primary Duties:
- Planning and managing multiple client engagement and simultaneously
- Reviewing complex tax returns including federal and multi-state returns for C Corporations, S Corporations, partnerships, high net worth individuals, trusts & estates, and foundations (Heavy emphasis on C Corporations)
- Heavy focus on attest client tax returns, assist in the tax provision work related to the audit
- Understanding your client goals and needs and servicing clients directly
- Owning client relationships and work
- Strategizing with Managing Directors regarding tax planning
- Giving clients recommendations and guidance on how to achieve their goals
- Assist in identifying opportunities for growth with clients
- Researching tax issues and providing guidance to clients
- Working closely with staff, and assisting senior management in mentoring, coaching, training, supervising, and evaluating staff
- Bachelor’s degreerequired; Master’s degreepreferred in Accounting, Taxation or related field
- 6 years of experience in public accounting or related field
- 3 years supervisory experience
- Must have active CPA or equivalent certification
- Ability to manage all aspects of client engagements
- Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing throughout all levels of organization, both internally and externally
- Must be able to travel based on client and business needs
- Proficient use of applicable technology