As a member of our CIM group, working specifically with Tax Accounting Methods & Periods (AMP), you will be responsible for the following job duties which are focused around two core concepts: your technical and quality expertise and delivering excellent client service:
- Delivery of AMP projects supervised by regional and Washington National Tax office (WNT) AMP specialists, while managing teams of 2-4 professionals
- Identification and pursuit of AMP services for existing and prospective clients
- Build rapport with RSM Managers, Sr. Managers and Partners
- Service offering development in conjunction with WNT
- Cross-line-of-business relationship building, collaboration, and identification of service areas
- Contribute as industry expert by keeping abreast of changes in industry regulation, maintain competency through continuing education and obtaining additional professional certifications
- Training, mentoring, and growing all RSM professionals from intern through partner
- Proven track record of practice building and project management with a strong understanding and the experience or ability to effectively identify, sell and deliver tax services to middle-market business clients
- Minimum B.A. or B.S. degree or equivalent from an accredited university
- CPA or JD required
- 5 or more years of experience in public accounting
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate complex information
- Ability to travel to client sites, which may include overnight accommodations - up to 50% of time
- Ability to work effectively on a team
- Ability to work and multitask in a fast-paced environment
Masters in Accounting or other business related field; MBA, JD/LLM
- 3-4 years of experience working with tax accounting methods and inventory
- Experience working for large national accounting firm in a specialized practice area
You want your next step to be the right one. You've worked hard to get where you are today. And now you're ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. RSM is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you'll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective.
Experience RSM US. Experience the power of being understood.
RSM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.