RSM US looking for a Tax - Manager Business Incentives to join our expanding Credits, Incentives and Methods group.
In your important role, you will be responsible for the following:
- This is a client facing position in which you should be able to demonstrate an understanding of multi-state credit and incentive programs, Federal WOTC and local incentive programs.
- Assisting companies with reducing investment costs by unlocking and securing favorable incentives packages
- Identifying agencies administering various programs Controversies, and identifying tax and non-tax savings opportunities for past and future investments, job creation, research, training and other qualified expenditures.
- Extensive technical skills, including identifying, applying and securing applicable credit and incentive programs.
- Understanding and applying changes in state legislature, tax research, consulting and compliance as it relates to multi-state specialties.
- Considerable experience identifying and addressing client needs: building, maintaining, and utilizing networks of client relationships and community involvement; communicating value propositions; managing resource requirements, project workflow, budgets, billing and collections; and preparing and/or coordinating complex written and verbal materials.
- Considerable experience as a team leader: supervising teams to create an atmosphere of trust; seeking diverse views to encourage improvement and innovation; and coaching staff including providing timely meaningful written and verbal feedback.
- Preferred CPA Certification or other certification
- BS Degree in Accounting or other related Degree
- 6 plus years of current or recent experience in public accounting, law firm or corporate tax department, or working in State economic development
- Experience working with Michigan Economic Development
- In depth knowledge of tax laws and regulations
You want your next step to be the right one. You've worked hard to get where you are today. And now you're ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. RSM is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you'll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective.