RESPONSIBILITIES & ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
• Manages federal, state and local income tax compliance program.
o Prepares tax returns for federal and state income taxes, state franchise tax, and city net profit taxes.
o Calculates and prepares state estimates and extensions.
o Coordinates federal and selected state tax return review with outside accounting firms.
o Maintains and updates corporate tax calendar.
• Assist in the preparation of annual income tax provisions and related financial statement disclosures in accordance with ASC 740.
• Trains subsidiary accounting staff on tax depreciation software.
• Implements and maintains tax compliance and provision software systems.
• Organizes and maintains return work papers and electronic filing system.
• Adheres to and assists in developing policies and procedures to ensure proper filling of tax returns.
• Utilizes online tax research services to reach conclusions relating to various tax issues of concern to the company.
• Compiles information and supporting documentation to satisfy information document requests issued by auditors.
• Monitors changes in tax legislation, updates management and team about discovered modifications, and initiate alterations to comply with authoritative requirements.
• Proposes strategies for minimizing tax liabilities.
• Resolves tax assessments and/or notices through written and verbal communication with state and local tax representatives.
• Assist with other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor's Degree (B.S.) in Accounting or Tax.
• Minimum of 3 years of federal and multi-state income tax experience.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word.
• Experience with ANCSA corporations a plus.
Job Code 19-0327