Are you interested in joining one of the fastest growing public accounting firms?
Would you like the ability to focus on one industry sector and further become an expert for your clients?
If yes, consider joining Baker Tilly (BT) as a Tax Manager on our Advantage team! This is a great opportunity to be a valued business advisor delivering industry-focused advisory & compliance services to both small and middle market clients. You will work side-by-side with firm leadership to serve clients and build the business, having a direct impact on the firm’s success. Additionally, you will be a mentor and coach to a group of talented staff, utilizing your expertise to help develop their technical and professional skills. If you are invigorated by these exciting challenges, then this could be the right opportunity for you! As one of the fastest growing firms in the nation, BT has the ability to offer you upward career trajectory, flexibility in how and where you get your work done and meaningful relationships with clients, teammates and leadership who truly care about you and your development.
You’ll enjoy this role if:
- You are looking for an opportunity to build your career in a specific industry sector, becoming an expert to the clients you serve – Baker Tilly Industries
- You can see yourself as a trusted business advisor, working face-to-face with clients to find creative solutions to complex accounting and business challenges
- You want to work for a leading CPA advisory firm that serves middle market clients and whose owners have both their clients’ and employees’ best interests in mind and are transparent in their decisions
- You value your development and want to work for a firm that provides you the autonomy to own your schedule and career through structured programs (ask us about My Time Off, My Development and Dress for Your Day!)
- You want to contribute to your engagement team’s professional growth and develop your own leadership skills to build a career with endless opportunities now, for tomorrow
What you will do:
- Be a trusted member of the engagement team providing various tax compliance and accounting advisory services to industry specific clients:
- Be a valued business advisor, focusing on day to day tax matters, accounting advisory services, and complex bookkeeping services to include financial statement compilation & review with various clients ranging from small to middle market businesses across the PA region.
- Consult on technical matters and special projects in various areas of corporate taxation, partnership tax, flow through taxation, and accounting methods
- Research various tax matters, respond to IRS and other tax authority inquiries, and make recommendations to the client for consideration
- Coordinate with specialty tax practices on complicated tax matters in the state and local, high net worth, international, research and development along with credits and incentives areas
- Assist with managing client engagement staffing, billings/collections, and ensure client profitability targets are met
- Utilize your entrepreneurial skills to network and build strong relationships internally and externally with clients and the community
- Invest in your professional development individually and through participation in firm wide learning and development programs
- Support the growth and development of team members through the Baker Tilly Care and Teach philosophy, helping associates meet their professional goals
- Enjoy friendships, social activities and team outings that encourage a work-life balance
Successful candidates will have:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or law, or a similar degree in business, Masters or advanced degree desirable
- CPA or JD required
- Five (5)+ years’ experience providing tax compliance, consulting, and accounting advisory services in a professional services firm
- One (1 )+ years’ of supervisory experience, mentoring and counseling associates
- Demonstrated management, analytical, organization, interpersonal, project management, communication skills
- Ability to lead and supervise others, provide exceptional client service, demonstrate commitment to continuous learning in order to stay current regarding applicable strategies, see the "big picture" as well as the details, display appropriate ethical knowledge and commitment, and exhibit a sense of urgency and commitment to quality and the timely completion of projects
- Highly developed software and Microsoft Suite skills, Prior experience utilizing CCH platforms & Caseware desired
- Eligibility to work in the U.S. without sponsorship preferred