Are you interested in joining one of the fastest growing public accounting firms?
Would you like the ability to focus on one industry sector and further become an expert for your clients?
If yes, consider joining Baker Tilly (BT) as a Federal Tax Manager! This is a great opportunity to be a valued business advisor delivering industry-focused tax advisory and compliance services to middle market clients. You will work side-by-side with firm leadership to serve clients and build the business, having a direct impact on the firm’s success. Additionally, you will be a mentor and coach to a group of talented staff, utilizing your expertise to help develop their technical and professional skills. If you are invigorated by these exciting challenges, then this could be the right opportunity for you! As one of the fastest growing firms in the nation, BT has the ability to offer you upward career trajectory, flexibility in how and where you get your work done and meaningful relationships with clients, teammates and leadership who truly care about you and your development.
You’ll enjoy this role if:
- You are looking for an opportunity to build your career in a specific industry, becoming an industry expert to the clients you serve
- You can see yourself as a trusted business advisor, working face-to-face with clients to find creative solutions to complex accounting and business challenges
- You want to work for a leading CPA advisory firm that serves middle market clients and whose owners have both their clients’ and employees’ best interests in mind and are transparent in their decisions
- You value your development and want to work for a firm that provides you the autonomy to own your schedule and career through structured programs (ask us about My Time Off, My Development and Dress for Your Day!)
- You want to contribute to your engagement team’s professional growth and develop your own leadership skills to build a career with endless opportunities now, for tomorrow
What you will do:
- Be a trusted member of the engagement team providing various federal tax compliance and consulting services to industry specific clients:
- Be a valued tax business advisor, focusing on day to day tax matters with various clients ranging from middle market to multinational
- Consult on technical matters and special projects in various areas of corporate and flow through taxation, accounting methods, and ASC740
- Research various tax matters, respond to IRS and other tax authority inquiries, and make recommendations to the client for consideration
- Coordinate with specialty tax practices on complicated tax matters in the state and local, high net worth, international, research and development along with credits and incentives areas
- Assist with managing client engagement staffing, billings/collections, and ensure client profitability targets are met
- Utilize your entrepreneurial skills to network and build strong relationships internally and externally with clients and the community
- Invest in your professional development individually and through participation in firm wide learning and development programs
- Support the growth and development of team members through the Baker Tilly Care and Teach philosophy, helping associates meet their professional goals
- Enjoy friendships, social activities and team outings that encourage a work-life balance
Successful candidates will have:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or law, or a similar degree in business, Masters or advanced degree desirable
- CPA or JD required
- Five (5)+ years’ experience providing federal tax compliance and consulting services in a professional services firm
- Two (2 )+ years’ of supervisory experience, mentoring and counseling associates
- Demonstrated management, analytical, organization, interpersonal, project management, communication skills
- Ability to lead and supervise others, provide exceptional client service, demonstrate commitment to continuous learning in order to stay current regarding applicable strategies, see the "big picture" as well as the details, display appropriate ethical knowledge and commitment, and exhibit a sense of urgency and commitment to quality and the timely completion of projects
- Highly developed software and Microsoft Suite skills
- Eligibility to work in the U.S. without sponsorship preferred
Baker Tilly US, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a leading advisory, tax and assurance firm, providing clients a genuine coast-to-coast and global advantage with critical mass and top-notch talent in major regions of the U.S. and in many of the world’s leading financial centers – New York, London, San Francisco, Los Angeles and Chicago. Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 148 territories, with 36,000 professionals and a combined worldwide revenue of $4.0 billion.
Many of Baker Tilly’s roles have the opportunity to work remotely. Please discuss with your talent acquisition professional to understand the requirements for an opportunity you are exploring.
Baker Tilly is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable federal, state or local law.