About the Team:
The Accounting Team at AppDirect provides the financial backbone of the company in the form of payroll, billing operations, accounts payable, revenue, equity, and financialreporting. We are an agile team within the larger Finance Department with great responsibility as providers of financial metrics and gatekeepers of compliant financialreporting. We are active participants in the Company’s robust revenue cycle and proactively champion financial integrity, process efficiency and internal controls in the spirit of the core values of AppDirect.
AppDirect is looking for an experienced and hands-on Tax Manager who will interact with the Finance Team, internal departments and external relationships to support all aspects of the tax operations. Key responsibilities will be to manage tax compliance, both domestic and international, R&D credits, income tax provision process and indirect tax compliance. The ideal candidate is a nimble and proactive professional who thrives on building companies and enjoys working in an exciting, and evolving environment.
- Work with our third-party providers to (i) prepare and/or review monthly, quarterly and annual direct and indirect tax returns including domestic and international income tax, US sales tax, VAT/GST, gross receipts, and other indirect taxes in multiple jurisdictions, and (ii) prepare and/or review corporate and subsidiary tax provisions.
- Manage Canadian tax credit and tax loss utilization across subsidiaries with a focus on U.S. and Canadian operations
- Perform tax research and analysis on a variety of direct and indirect tax issues and draft memoranda.
- Manage taxaudits in partnership with business partners as well as third party service providers.
- Assist in the determination of sales/use and VAT/GST tax consequences related to new products and services and lead solutions addressing corresponding compliance requirements.
- Ensure timely filing and payment of direct and indirect tax compliance requirements.
- Define and increase formalization of our tax policies, procedure, and practices.
- Identify gaps, implement, and formalize taxinternal controls.
- Continually drive for improvements in efficiency and quality.
What we look for:
- Experience including public accounting.
- 5-7 year of relevant taxexperience. Industry experience in the technology sector and in-house company experience, is a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or Finance, Masters in Taxation or Accounting, is a plus
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment and manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously
- Ability to work independently and support and drive business initiatives
- Excellent written / verbal communication and collaboration skills; ability to clearly explain complex concepts to non-accounting people
- Ability to balance strategic thinking with driving for execution
- Demonstrated ability to roll-up sleeves and collaborate across departments and levels