Headquartered in Hilliard Ohio, Advanced Drainage Systems, Inc (ADS) is the leading manufacturer of high performance thermoplastic corrugated pipe, providing a comprehensive suite of water management products and drainage solutions. Our innovative products and superior drainage solutions are used across a broad range of end markets and applications, including residential, non-residential, agriculture and infrastructure applications. We have established a leading position in many of these end markets by leveraging our national sales and distribution platform, overall product breadth and scale, and our manufacturing excellence. Founded in 1966, we operate a global network of 3,700 employees, 63 manufacturing plants and 31 distribution centers. In July, 2014 we became a public company traded on the NYSE®. To enable our continued growth, we are looking to add top talent to our dynamic organization.
The Tax Manager is responsible for the managing & review of corporate tax accounting workpapers and analyses. The person in this role is also responsible for the review & organization of Global Compliance, including Transfer Pricing. The Tax Manager will be involved with corporate development teams to identify key issues in areas of risk related to international tax.
- Review and manage accounting for income taxes calculations (effective tax rate calculation, analysis of deferred tax assets and liabilities, etc.) and cash tax analyses.
- Review and manage annual and quarterly income tax provision calculations.
- Maintain internal control responsibilities related to accounting for income taxes and compliance filings.
- Maintain FIN 48 and other reserve computations and documentation.
- Reviews and manage federal and international tax work paper packages, including depreciation and amortization schedules.
- Advise the organization on international tax related matters, considering both short and long term impacts of transactions on international operations.
- Assist in research and decision making around complex international tax-related issues facing ADS.
- Assess tax impacts of potential M&A activity, new joint ventures/partnerships, and further expansion into new international markets.
- Review and manage transfer pricing documentation and reports including review of corresponding journal entries.
- Collaboratively supports Tax and Finance initiatives.
- Good understanding with technology including experience with One Source Tax Provision, Oracle, HFM, Excel, and Word are preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or degree in Finance or Business Administration with a strong emphasis in Accounting
CPA and/or advanced degree preferred
- Seven (7) + years’ experience with a major corporation or CPA firm.
- Extensive understanding of income tax concepts, planning, and compliance.
- Experience in performing international tax planning and managing tax compliance.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Self-motivated, collaborative, and demonstrates a strong sense of urgency & sensitivity around compliance deadlines.
- Meets deadlines consistently and partners effectively with senior management and auditors.
- Excellent problem-solving, communication, and presentation skills.