- Demonstrates thorough knowledge and proficiency in advanced technical skills necessary for advising clients.
- Complies with pronouncements of professional and other regulatory groups, and enlightens and teaches the impact of such pronouncements to all staff.
- Recognizes complex technical issues, uses strategic decision-making skills and reaches appropriate conclusions
- Develops industry expertise and stays abreast of industry news; contributes to staff development by sharing industry knowledge
- Recognizes complex technical issues, reaches appropriate conclusions and applies authority to support conclusions.
- Effectively communicates all technical material to clients, verbally and in writing
- Proficient in use of necessary discipline software and applications.
- Ensures top quality client service and oversees performance of engagement activity
- Participates in client related planning, including the preparation and ongoing management of budgets
- Recognizes needs and issues pertinent to client activity and follows through to implementation.
- Assists partner in managing effective billing and collections
- Appropriately manages risk and ensures quality control procedures are being executed on all engagement activities
- Ensures efficient and profitable execution of engagement financial management
- Builds client relationships; maintains smooth working relationship with clients and solicits client input on satisfaction
- Generates new business annually, from new & existing clients (determined by Geography, Discipline and Industry leaders)
- Solicit internal experts from across the Firm to assist in marketing & selling firm services to existing clients
- Is actively involved in community, social, business and professional organizations, to generate referral sources
- Is actively involved in product development and product sales that will enhance market opportunities to generate revenue (determined by Discipline and Industry leaders)
- Actively promotes the Firm in all venues
- Represent the firm and area of expertise by making presentations at third party events.
- Participates in mentoring, training, recruiting, retention and team-building activities
- Effectively develops, supervises, trains, coaches, and mentors staff
- Completes performance reviews constructively and timely, both written and oral, as well as provides ongoing feedback throughout the performance year
- Effectively manages people with poise and professionalism during stressful times, especially during peak periods of client engagement and deadlines
- Promotes the ideals, values, mission, and vision of the firm.
- Commands respect as a leader; acts like a role model
- Conducts self with the utmost professionalism and demonstrates respect towards others
- Respects and embraces diversity; looks to build a One-Firm team spirit amongst staff
- Maintains appropriate compliance with all firm wide and local office policies and procedures
- Promotes the most efficient operations of the Firm and supports compliance guidelines in managing others
Experience and Education
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree
- 5-8 years in relevant position
- Public accounting or other professional services environment preferred
License / Certification
- Must be a CPA for Audit, Tax Accounting; Respective similar certification for IT audit, consulting.
- Must maintain required CPE credits annually
- May need other industry or specialization certification for specific positions
Legal / Compliance
- Must complete firm wide Non-Compete, Non Solicitation agreements or similar applicable documents
- Must complete acknowledgement of Corporate Policy and Compliance Manual
- Must complete acknowledgement of Employee Manual document
- Must complete acknowledgement of Independence Guidelines and Ethical Standards document
- Government engagements require ability to obtain a security clearance from the United States government