Shutterstock (NYSE: SSTK) is a rapidly growing and profitable tech company headquartered in New York City that empowers the world’s storytellers. We are seeking a Director, Tax Reporting and Compliance, to join our team. This person will be heavily involved in tax reporting and compliance.
- Manage and be responsible for all tax reporting and compliance for US Federal, State, and International tax matters in the following areas:
- ASC 740 tax provision preparation/review on a quarterly and annual basis, including FIN 48 and tax account reconciliations for a US public company
- Manage and review of the US Federal, State, and Foreign tax return filings
- In-depth understanding and ability to model/analyze all facets of international taxation, such as BEAT/FDII/GILTI/Subpart-f for tax planning and associated tax reporting/compliance
- Lead and liaise as primary point of contact for the annual US Federal and Foreign R&D tax credit processes
- Own all aspects of data gathering, analytics, and documentation support for transfer pricing and audit functions
- Maintain the tax calendar to ensure timely payments and filings
- Identify, research and evaluate opportunities for the better application of technology to the tax function to streamline workflows, enhance analytics and improve output quality
- Act as primary reviewer for Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX 404) compliance process and ensure an effective tax control environment for both income and non-income based taxes
- Cross functional collaboration among members of the Finance, Legal, HR, Product, and Technology teams
- 15+ years in combination of public accounting and industry / corporate (preferably U.S. based SEC reporting company), with working experience in all of the above areas
- Detail oriented with excellent organization and project management skills (process driven)
- Intermediate to advanced MS Excel skills
- Executive presence with excellent oral and written communication skills (Ability to communicate ideas to tax and non-tax personnel both verbally and in written format)
- Process oriented with the ability to multitask while staying focused in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in Technology with an understanding of taxation issues arising in e-commerce and digital marketplaces.
- BS Degree in Accounting, MS in Tax and/or CPA
We are one team collectively focused on creating an unrivaled experience for our Customers and Contributors. Our principles represent the mindset of the employee who will thrive at Shutterstock. If you are passionate about what you do, and want to become part of a cutting-edge technology company building industry leading products, please apply.