8 - 10 years experience • Leisure and Travel
Growing Global Service Organization located in Manhattan, NY looking for a Tax Director. Responsibilities include:
• Maintain process and control documentation for the tax area to satisfy necessary audit requirements. Develop and implement systems to compile information for various federal, state and local reports and other compliance reporting requirements.
• Oversight of the international subsidiaries as it relates to preparation of local tax returns as well as tax planning initiatives. Support the local finance teams with regard to any taxaudits or othertax related compliance issues.
• Partner with the local business units, the legal department, and others to structure commercial transactions in tax-efficient manner including the tax implications surrounding any acquisitions, divestitures or other special projects.
• Responsible for the accurate and timely preparation and filing of all federal, state and local tax returns for the Company including all income, property, sales & use, and value added tax filings.
• Develop and implement tax minimization strategies through use of taxlaws and regulations, helping to identify opportunities where tax strategy can enhance the Company’s long term growth and profitability.
• Responsible for the accounting for income and deferred taxes including the preparation of the quarterly tax provision, budgets and forecasts for income and othertaxes. Determine areas of tax exposure, manage risks, and ensure proper reserves are provided.
• Track and monitor all taxlaw changes impacting the Company and advise senior management on the impacts of such changes. Lead changes within the Company based on tax and regulatory developments and spearhead project teams on tax related issues.
• Oversee the tax aspects of due diligence for M&A, new agreements, inbound/outbound and cross-border transactions.
• Responsible for establishing all transfer pricing arrangements and practices so as to minimize overall corporate taxable income.
• Represent the Company on all taxaudits by outside regulatory or governmental agencies.
• 8+ years of experience in Big 4 public firm.
• Experience with transfer pricing, inbound/outbound transactions, and M&A
• Experience as a Tax Director in a Corporation is a plus.
• Master’s Degree in Accounting or Taxation or LLM in Taxation
• Advanced knowledge and experience with LLC entities and Up-C structures
• Experience with calculation of tax provisions and FIN 48 assessments